Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clas Ohlson - an alternative to IKEA on a Saturday

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I don't know ho many of you have discovered the delights of Clas Ohlson, but if you have no idea what I am talking about have a quick look here.

http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Sta ... ducts.aspx

No, your instant reaction might be 'huh?' But delve into their hardware section for a minute. I have to make call in cities where there is a shop and I just can't leave without a bucketful of stuff. It's so cheap, it feels like stealing. They pretty much everything from microwave to an outboard motor. Only thing missing is a gun counter. I can't list the stuff that I have bought in there so far, but all of it has been spot on. I got a 60 LED rechargeable inspection lamp this week in Liverpool. £6.50. Chucks out a 20 yard beam, ideal for walking the dog. Not what I got it for of course. 6 hour charge give 6 hours of use. Bolts, knives, drawer handles etc have all fund their way into my goody drawer. Have a look at their version of a large Peli case for £30! Awesome.

Just thought I would share.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have been many times to Clas Ohlson, but only ever when I lived in Norway.
I can agree they have such a wide variety of goods.
I didn't know they were now branching into UK though.

I can't say the oslo branches were cheap, but then again, nothing is cheap in Oslo,

Graham

Funny you should mention it, Chris - I got one of their flyers through the door on Friday for the first time ever and was wondering whether it was some local start-up business or something bigger. I'd never heard of them but there was the odd interesting looking goodie.
I'll have a trawl through their website and see what life or death essentials I HAVE to buy :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Off to the one in Reading in a mo :thumbup:

Don't forget to download the 5 or 10 pounds off your purchase voucher before you go!!!!!

I bought a 12 pack of snap off retracting knives this week. £3.99. I can never find one when I need one. Now there is one in each car, one in the tool roll, one int eh kitchen drawer, office drawer etc. And I still have half a tub left. Bargain. Got some chest handles for my expedition drawers too. Their baseball hats with 5 leds in the front are magic for £3.99 too.

Having read the various posts about overlanding and people begging etc - whatever your thoughts are on the subject, there are tonnes of things in CO that you could take as give-aways for people on a long trip that would be useful to them. Just my view of course.

Chris

Back