Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Decent hand tool suppliers

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I have been looking for a local hand tool supplier in London as websites are great until you have to return a tool that has broken etc. I have a local Halfords so that is an option for the professional range.

Snap-on are just too expensive, and I'm not a mechanic, but i want to make sure a have decent ratchets so I contacted Sealey who pointed me at SC Motor Factors in Forest Hill. The guys there have said they have a large range of Laser Tools. Has anybody used Laser Tools at all and what were they like?

It may be useful if this thread became one where everybody puts their favourite hand tool suppliers contact details.

I have had Gedore tools and socket sets, since my apprentice days in RSA.
None of them broke, although a lot got lost over the years.

Another good, seemingly unbreakable brand, is Crescent Tools, they are made in USA, and very well made.

Graham

I am a fan of Draper Expert, had some since i was an apprentice too. Finding quality has dropped a little in recent years though.
Have a look at Machine Mart, they do Clarke which seem to be quite fair, and do a premium range that has a good quarantee.

I agreeWith graham.
I have brought cresent from costco and they have had plenty of hammer and very good.

Also halfords pro. They have a lifetime exchange if they break. Still dont think there as good as cresent though.
karl

Costco only sell to trade though don't they? Membership seems to need a business to tack onto.

Yes simon. Im sure you know somebody who has a card though. Loads of people have them mate.
karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm very happy with the Halfords Professional range for the price.

I take a Halfords Advanced Professional 150 piece Socket/Ratchet Set with me on my trips, it is a bit big though + a set of long metric combination spanners + a tool roll including a breaker bar.

Mostly Halfords Profesional here as well. I bought a couple of their big socket and spanner sets when they were on offer and use one in the garage and keep one in the 100 but in a small tool box not the case they came in which is much more compact :thumbup:

All new tools I buy now are from Halfords, their trade card scheme makes the price even more attractive :thumbup:

the halfords profession range carries a life time guarantee, but.......................................

it doesnt cover moving parts, so ratchets and ratchet spanners arnt covered! :roll:

ive got a set of the ratchet spanners and most of the mechanisms are knackered, tried taking them back but they said there not covered! :thumbdown: :evil:

i think snapon are the only manufacturer offering a true life time warranty!

i quite like kamasa tools. ive got a socket set thats 30+ years old and still going strong. :thumbup:

Have a look at Teng Tools as well Simon - they offer a true lifetime replacement scheme as I understand it... I am 99% sure a contractor of mine has had ratchet spanners replaced :cool:

But I also have stuff from Bahco & Halfords in the box :cool:

Back