Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel injector assembly - aftermarket and price?

dankoLC

Hi Everyb,
Just went through diagnostics today. I was told injector #3 is way off the mark at (+1.8)-(+2.0) units. Risking flooding of the sump with diesel and destroying the engine.
Advised to change at least the faulty injector, preferably all four. Local cost for 4 + labour, 1900 pounds.
Are there any after-market injectors available in the UK?
Tnx a lot!

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

Nope not as far as I know. You can try reconditioning them, but I believe that may not be possible. How old is the car and what miles? I'd try writing a letter to Mr T as well for a contribution ... And maybe try the seals voluntary recall route too.

I've seen injector sets (and the d-4D has to be done as a set) on eBay so look there too.

Good luck!

Hi dankoLC, sorry I can't help much with your injector issue. However if you don't mind asking.....apart from the diagnostic test on your injectors was there any tell tell signs that made you feel that something was wrong? Were you down on power, did the engine make a different sound or tone etc? Many thanks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi dankoLC, sorry I can't help much with your injector issue. However if you don't mind asking.....apart from the diagnostic test on your injectors was there any tell tell signs that made you feel that something was wrong? Were you down on power, did the engine make a different sound or tone etc? Many thanks.

It started giving a cloud of white smoke at start-up when cold. Also I could feel a bit of a shudder as one cylinder was not starting immediately as the other three. After start-up the engine operates normally. No other clues.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for getting back. I dont have white smoke or shudders. For me it's nice to know what to look for....umm then it would be the case of looking for the wallet next. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Back