Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel MOT emission test

At the really bad end of the scale an unscrupulous testing station could do this to get work from unsuspecting punters. I’m sure this was an honest mistake of course.

At the really bad end of the scale an unscrupulous testing station could do this to get work from unsuspecting punters. I’m sure this was an honest mistake of course.

Would they risk that when fail is documented on paperwork and dvla system and shows a fail code for a petrol emissions test

Yes fair comments. Easy to make a mistakes especially where keyboards are involved.
With a problem I am usually polite to start with but these days people don't always play properly.

Would they risk that when fail is documented on paperwork and dvla system and shows a fail code for a petrol emissions test
One has to think cock up over conspiracy every time really. But there’s always that little nagging voice in the back of ones mind.

Well they we're very apologetic, and offered to give my Yaris a full service for compensation, but as a) I gave it a full service with genuine parts 3 months ago and b) I don't really trust mechanics ! I said no I want cash compensation for parts not needed I bought
So will get them invoices and get cash refund
Then I will sell the cats for scrap

So I am happy with resolution

Anyone used online dealers to sell catalytic converters online ?

It was a cock up and sounds like they've dealt With It how you wanted. Often the emissions tester is the same computer and auto pilot is a curse lol.

Could be worse, Could've had one of their lads leave an oil cap off which then chucked oil everywhere including the customers drive!!! :doh: plus other issues that have had to be dealt with like a £4k transfer box someone fitted that the car didn't need!!!

Guess how my week has gone!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like a bad week Gary

Thanks for people's feedback on my MOT issue

Selling the Yaris anyway and afraid it's getting replaced by a non-Toyota
Getting a Golf R DSG rocket

Keeping my Hilux for adventures and towing

Back