Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Doh....Today I kicked the bucket

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
While draining Fiery's coolant into a clean bucket today (with the intension of re-using it) prior to removing the water pump I accidently did this :roll:

P3270448.jpg

P3270450.jpg

P3270449.jpg

:doh: :doh: :doh: :)

All was going well till I pulled the water pump off & tried to catch the mug full of coolant that fell out by kicking the bucket further under the truck, forgot it was on a bit of wood :roll: :lol:

Good news is that the old water pumps off & all is ready for the Milners one to be fitted tomorrow :thumbup: When it arrives :whistle:

P3270451.jpg

P3270452.jpg

P3270455.jpg

Ah man that sucks. That Toyo collant is not cheap (or so I am lead to beleave)

Reusing coolant, oh dear the purists will be after you. 'Burn him, burn him', they'll be chanting.

Heavens whatever next - reusing the dipstick to check your oil instead of using a fresh one each time?

Tsk tsk. ;)

C

I don't use my dipstick so it doesn't get worn out, I just find a clean twig instead ;)

TonyP said:
Ah man that sucks. That Toyo collant is not cheap (or so I am lead to beleave)
Not cheap :o Well how much is it then :?:

Chris said:
Reusing coolant, oh dear the purists will be after you. 'Burn him, burn him', they'll be chanting.

Heavens whatever next - reusing the dipstick to check your oil instead of using a fresh one each time?

Tsk tsk. ;)

C
I like to get good value so five or six wipes from a handfull of toilet roll, you no the kind of thing ;)

To be fair I was just going to top back up with WATER for now, it is summer after all & I no longer require -34 protection :roll: :) It twas only a little over half full gallon bucket after all :) There must still be more than 50/60% of the pink stuff left in her surely :?:

Steven

Count yourself lucky. Most of Hanna's coolant is still drying on the streets of Wood Green, North East, London!

:( :( :(

John

The Dark Dude

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IIRC correctly it was abour £70 for a 5L bottle for pink :o You need more than 5L :(

I think it was Andrew who found a bulk lot of pink or red coolant for not a bad price. If the timing is right and there are a few people needing... (uhem, I count two ;) )

Red coolant is cheaper than the pink i picked some up for about £25 when i did my pump.and yes it was toyota red :thumbup:

Joe

I live dangerously and don't use Toyota coolant :roll: and I reuse it if I can :lol:

Jon - non genuine? Oh, I see, your pulling our legs. Nearly had me there.

I saw the spec for red once and it's no different to high street anti freeze. OK it has this colour indicator reagent in it for detecting exhaust gas but it's not worth the money. In my view. But my local deal is doing a deal on it at the moment. He has it in barrels. Not sure on the price but I could find out. Might be worth splitting one as a bulk deal. Think it's about 60l at least.

Chris

Mmmm...........£70 :shock: I had a search on the bay & you can get it for £35 :) Roughtrax are only selling the green & red fluid that I can see :shifty: But hey lets calm down a bit :D I can't of lost more than 3 maybe 4 litres @ the very most :!: Water will do as the replacement for now :D You do know that by adding anything to water you make it less efficient @ transfering heat :think: Unless you're using BRINE :)

Available in bulk here. Bit inconvenient being pick up only and down in Newquay... It's 60l and presumably is concentrate so mix 50:50 with water and you have 120l... You're going to need more than 2 people to use that up :lol:

This morning, my LPG bloke, Neil said he might be able to pickup some of the Toyota Red for a good price when he installed a new stainless steel "T" piece to the back of the engine bay. But just he case he can't, you can also add me to that bulk buy of Andrew's. Like the supermarket says: "Every little helps".

Andrew

Now that's what I call a bargain bucket. Going to have to organize the North London Massive to see if we can do something......

John

The Dark Dude

Mr Toyota says you shouldn't add tap water to your coolant :naughty:

Re: Re: Doh....Today I kicked the bucket

Brett said:

Of course not. It dilutes thier profits :D geddit? No? I'll get my coat

sent from TapaTalk

Brett said:
Yea right, I bet he does :)

Well I've just added 6.5 litres of Essex tap water to mine & she's running up to temp right now :) I'll let you know if it turns to concrete & siezes the engine :shifty: :)

i would have thought the water could rust the system, Coolant has any corrosion stuff in it

I got told to use distilled water ??

any reason why ?

Back