Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ebay question

joinerman

Garage
I have been watching an item for nearly a week which was due to end at 18 07pm today, at 17 52pm i had a message on my mobile reminding me it finished in fifteen minuets, i fired up my laptop to get ready to bid & at 18 02pm the bidding had ended.
WTF went on ?

A seller can end an auction any time , he/she is given a drop down list of reasons to choose from but typical of ebay nothing prevents relisting the same item immediately .

Time incorrect on your phone, laptop or ebay?

Time is correct on fone & lappy Mark.

Shayne, i always understood you could not remove anything within twelve hours of an item ending as the button was greyed out.

What would you do then if you dropped the Ming Dynasty vase an hour before it sold ?

I'm sure you are aware sellers can see how many people have looked at an item and how many people have kept it on watching , 1 watcher means no bidding war so end the auction selecting "item no longer available" or "item damaged" and you can list it again in the hope it gets more interest .

Makes me wonder if its this forum that keeps the price used cruisers at a premium , sellers must be thinking wow 30 watchers i can sell this for more !

Yes i know about viewing the watchers Shayne but didn't realise you could pull something up to the last knockings now

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You could always pull items at anytime. Even when it said you could not in the last 12 hours. List anything for less than 99p for free, if its not making the money, pull it and relist it then does not cost anything. If you are even more willing, get someone else to drop a bit on it for the lest you will let it got for, then if its not reached that, pull and relist. Cheaper than putting a reserve on it.

There are lots of way to save on ebay fees.

I have not been able to remove anything with in the 12 hours would be interested to know

I've seen listings where sellers said they will terminate +/- 2 hrs of the end time, so as to fool or not allow sniping tools and last minute bids. how does that work then?

Only time you can end at any point is if there are no bids. If bids you can't end or cancel bids with 12 or less hours remaining.

I somethimes get notifications late. May be bad signal on your phone or just technology itself. Most of the time I don't even get notified. Signal isn't great around are area at the min though

Can't remember what i did but at the time i wasn't aware i could remove a listing at all . Something went wrong i think it was a trailer i was selling and i had 3 in bits at the time , i remembered on the last day of auction i hadn't replaced some important bolts so needed to get it off ebay . The option to remove must be on the page somewhere because i don't sell stuff often but i found it .

I've seen listings where sellers said they will terminate +/- 2 hrs of the end time, so as to fool or not allow sniping tools and last minute bids. how does that work then?

How does blocking sniping and last minute bids benefit the seller?

The idea being that folks can go and keep going on the auction rather than eBay killing it at a specific time.

Eg if i have a 50 bid in a sniper could win it at 51. But if the auction went on, I might come back with a 55 offer.

The idea being that folks can go and keep going on the auction rather than eBay killing it at a specific time.

Eg if i have a 50 bid in a sniper could win it at 51. But if the auction went on, I might come back with a 55 offer.

Surely the auction will end at the specific time stated, not hold on longer because other bids are coming in.

Back