Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine noise

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hey all,

i was watching the 0-60 videos in the forum and I'm not sure if it's just not picked up on the video. My truck has always made a tick type noise that is matched by the revs but sounds like it's in time with the fuel system. It's not tappets, knock or piston slap etc it's not injectors as I changed them when I gt the truck. I've always thought it was a normal characteristic of the 1kzte being an old engine design...other than that the car drives perfectly lots of power no smoke...does yours make the tick hehe?

If not I'll do some more investigating,

Cheers jon

Scrap that, just been listening and it makes no noises from the outside just inside the cabin, so a bit of trim must be vibrating

On start up it's normal to make a bit of a tappety noise as the valves in the head aren't heavily lubricated until the engines been running for a minute or so and then it'll go away... This could be the noise you are hearing.

This is how mine sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47TEQibmfsM

On start up it's normal to make a bit of a tappety noise as the valves in the head aren't heavily lubricated until the engines been running for a minute or so and then it'll go away... This could be the noise you are hearing.

This is how mine sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47TEQibmfsM

Sounds just like my Lc.:icon-cool: JBecks i reckon you have a rattle/ticky trim, when i first got my LC it had a rattle and i found out it was the trim on the high level brake light.
might be worth a look.

Last edited:
naa not that noise beau thats exactly how mine sounds too, Its defiantly trim related as I can only hear it from inside the cabin hot or cold engine, driving along or in neutral, I've had my head out the window while the wife drives along, I've been underneath the car, under the bonnet at all rev ranges and its not there...but inside the cabin it can be heard and now its driving me nuts lol, It sounds like its coming from the centre console maybe glove box area and as the previous owner had a satnav unit with hands free kit installed with gps receivers on the front and rear window and mic in the roof the dash and trim has all been removed and played with at some point! I'lll have a little look tomorrow.

Have you done the spring stretch Mod? as this sounds like its coming from the centre console/glove box.
if not it is a 10 min job

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks mate, I will do that tomorrow :D

Back