Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ45 pickup - project 'Elvis'

Cliffy

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All

Thought you might be interested in my 2nd project - this rather tired old FJ45 pickup, which I intend to restore and convert to a 2H.

I've put a little piece on FB about it, and will update accordingly

https://www.facebook.com/LandCruiser-HJ47-crew-cab-137492866421490/

Plus some extra pics here...

Tears copy.JPG In good company copy.jpg Long haul copy.jpg Outback copy.jpg IMG_1410.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1340.jpg

Reactions: uHu
Hi Cliffy 2 cool looking cruiser. You have good look with it thanks for the pics love them .

Hi Tony
Thanks for that. Will keep you posted!
Cheers
Cliffy

Quick update: 'Elvis' had its MOT today and, despite coming from a region of Australia with no 'testing' and having been used in the outback for 35 years, all he failed on was : a roll-bar link; an indicator light; and brakes not balanced right! Not bad huh!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi cllify that is a good bit of New not so. Bad the king is on i

wow what a lovely looking truck. Will be watching the Facebook page.....

Thanks Tony and Nick
Yes, will keep you all updated during the coming weeks. I must admit, it seems a bit of a pity to remove the 2F engine in a way - the engine is so quiet and smooth compared with my crew cab with the 2H, but I know the fuel consumption for a 2F would be horrible. This truck's only done 125,000 miles, so barely warmed up I think.

Looks nice. What year is it? Late enough for p/s, 5 speed, a/c, disc brakes??? And what's going on behind the cab? Is that for the kids? If you ever think about changing the bed, i could use a styleside!

Hi Snowbound

The pickup is a 1981, 4 speed. Not sure about brakes as truck is garaged and I won't see it until next week. That stuff behind the cab is a DIY job by previous owner, and I'm taking it all off to return this truck back to original style.

The current bed is quite a feature and I plan on keeping it as original as possible, veru practical and recommend getting one if you can find them.

Keep you posted.

Cliffy

Reactions: uHu
Back