Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Found a picture at 60 mph / rpm

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
A while ago,
There was a thread about the differences between an automatic 120 series, and a manual 120 series.

I have found a photo, showing about 1700 rpm

Gra.

Attachments

• 60 mph.jpg
    60 mph.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 234
had a look at my manual, 2200 rpm at 60, that's a massive difference. Does it not bog down at 55-60 towing?

Not really, keeps itself in drive most of the time,
I generally tow in cruise control, then as you would expect, as the hills get steeper, she shifts down as needed.
But on the flat, no problem with 1800kg on the hook.

Gra.

had a look at my manual, 2200 rpm at 60, that's a massive difference. Does it not bog down at 55-60 towing?

Is yours the newer 6 speed 'box or also 5speed?
On mine (5sp) there is about 300-400 difference between 4th and 5th. Not sure on the ratio of the 6 speed box but if it is along the same lines, it would be nice to potter along.
There was a 6 speed box on fleabay a while ago for £300 IIRC.

The older 5 speed automatic, which I guess is actually, 4 gears and an over driven 4th, giving the feeling of 5.

Would that have been a 6 speed manual on ebay, guessing it would be if it drew your attention.

Gra.

Is yours the newer 6 speed 'box or also 5speed?
On mine (5sp) there is about 300-400 difference between 4th and 5th. Not sure on the ratio of the 6 speed box but if it is along the same lines, it would be nice to potter along.
There was a 6 speed box on fleabay a while ago for £300 IIRC.

it's the 5sp manual. fortumately mpg isn't all about rpm, so i'm not too gutted

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I took this one a while back (shows the Optitron instrumentation up nicely :icon-wink:)

16A360CE-C71B-4A29-BB7C-134ACE28AA51-274-0000001B60396C71_zpsdda5f2c1.jpg

Also a 5-spd auto box ...

Hi Gary,

So mine is showing 60 mph at about 1700 rpm

Yours is showing about 67 mph at 2000 rpm

So 300 rpm increase at that speed range, is giving about an extra 7 miles per hour.
I think 3000 r.p.m. is about 90 miles per hour? from an old failing memory

It's going to be different rpm versus miles per hour, depending on where in the rev range we talk about.

Gra.
( if ever I confused myself in a post, then this is it !!! )

Yep. But I need to work out true speed. Revs will be correct but the tyres are oversized so the indicated speed may be wrong - for both of us :lol:

I'll get my rpm at 60mph on the gps later!

i wont take a photo though, i've already got 3 points for phone use!

Just thought I would add my reading on my 90 series, colorado.

At exactly 90 mph I am doing exactly 3000rpm. This is a true 90mph reading from my satnav, as I have slightly larger diameter tyres than original.

I also have the larger 265 x 70 x R17, and the speedo is " spot on " and compares to gps's that I have used.
What the speed shows, is the accurate speed.

Gra.

I think 3000 r.p.m. is about 90 miles per hour? from an old failing memory

Gra.
Hi Beau,

I am glad you posted that info about 3000 r.p.m and the 90 m.p.h.

I do remember the above combination, so may be not quite as " brain dead " as i thought I was .

I guess in Crispins 5 sp, manual, the engine r.p.m. will be some thing like 3500 r.p.m. at 90 m.p.h.

Gra.

Hi Beau,

I am glad you posted that info about 3000 r.p.m and the 90 m.p.h.

I do remember the above combination, so may be not quite as " brain dead " as i thought I was .

I guess in Crispins 5 sp, manual, the engine r.p.m. will be some thing like 3500 r.p.m. at 90 m.p.h.

Gra.

I believe you guys are talking about the 120 series, where as mine is the colorado (1kzt-e) with the 4 speed automatic box (3 + overdrive) The diameter tyre I am running is about 32" which is why it is now spot on, on the speedometer.

Also, I would have thought the 6 speed box would be more economical, and have a taller 6th gear, is that the case with the 120 series?

Hi Beau,

Yeah, top post in the thread says 120 series automatic.

Gra.

Found another one from my 2005 Green LC3 120 series.

40 m.ph. and 1300 r.p.m .

Gra.

Attachments

• Speed revs.jpg
    Speed revs.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 165
This morning I was doing 60 @ 2150 :(

hmm, just to be a bit of a bugger, I took this photo this morning
P9220501.jpg

and it looks like I need to dust the dash again, oh well did not notice the dust till after I took the photo.

Hi Julian,
So yours is an 80, Auto or manual?
Still looks like the 120 series auto, runs the lowest r.p.m. for given m.p.h.

Gra

Back