Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny how life throws you those little curve balls isn’t it? Ho hum.

Chris you are strong, seriously we couldn’t lift the batteries from the car n you did it easily.

You can send some of that delicious food that you keep torturing us with! it's a culinary feast of eastern Europe.

Yes Raj, I did, but I needed a lie down and another gin and tonic when I'd done. I trust the car is running OK now.

. I trust the car is running OK now.
As you all said car steering was shaking badly. Stopped on A43 n cleared off some mud from wheels n it was fine after that. These land cruisers are addictive. It’s not as refined as Lexus , yet you want to drive more n more. I am itching to go for another long drive already :)

Bloody'ell Chris....... I've only just stumbled on this thread by accident, ain't very good at keeping up to date!
Bit late in the day, but just wanted to say...... thoughts are with ya bud.
Give it a good Kicking!!

Thanks Matey. Well I'm on round 2 of Chemo now so still breathing. Still have no idea what the future holds so just living one day to the next and not thinking about anything getting in the way. I could sit around for 10 years waiting to hear only to find I've just wasted 10 years hanging around waiting ......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's the way to beat it bud...
If you going to the Show at the weekend, (I've not been for ages) I think I might need to take plenty money, I owe ya at least a pint or ten for all ya help.

Yes I'm going to the big camping meet at the weekend. But what's this show that you speak of? Are you sugesting that there will be stalls and vendors selling fabulous trinkets that all overlanders must have? I can scarce believe it would be possible to arrange such a thing.

Having said that, I need a new hat and some fudge.

The very same..... I always said it should be held on Yorks most famous street!!!

Eh? Whip-Ma-Whop-Ma-Gate? Oh, you mean The Shhhhhh.... I'm with you now.

Well if you've read this thread and been keeping up, you'll know I mentioned a garage sale. Well, I must've jinxed it. Had a meeting with the oncology team last week and I'm afraid it wasn't good news. Best advice was, If you're going to have a sale, do it now as you don't have that long.

Now I feel sure there will be lots of messages about fighting it, never giving in and how mistakes get made all of the time and trust me, I'm not a quitter, but medical wisdom says I have around 6 months. The cancer has not really responded and in fact has got worse in some respects. My abdomen is filling with fluid and in the last 4 weeks they have drained 28 litres in 3 sessions. That's quite a bit by any standard. They're going to try to slow that down, but as you'd image, one doesn't feel too chipper as a water filled Space Hopper.

They've also found another suspected cancer site near my heart/lungs which further confirms the treatment isn't really going the right way.

So the long and the sort of it is that I am going to have to shift a lot of kit and there's stuff that I am sure some of you guys would like. You know, 80 series, overland trailers, Oz tents etc etc. I'll put a list of things up at some point; please don't be shy if you want something remember this money will go to my wife to support her after I've gone. I've had so many good wishes so far and offers of support, but this is where it really starts. Please lend a hand wherever you can in shifting things, finding a buyer, coming up with opportunities etc. It's a two fold operation really, pull in cash for my family and not leave them to clear up my life which has been pretty cluttered with man-kit!

So there we are. Like I said I'll keep swinging to the end, but the end will come at some point I guess. And that's just the way it is. Just keep an eye out for some quality kit for sale in the not too distant future.

It's been fun.

Chris

Well what to say? Big man hug at ya
Ps dibs on....

Nothing to say except, man yours are the best wings I have ever tasted.

Chris we have nt met but I wanted to say you are one brave soul. I wish you all the best in your struggle.

Thankyou, you sweet double dipper you

Well I'm trying to be Bmonck. No point moaning about it. Doesn't mean I'm happy of course, but there's always someone worse off, somewhere.

SOB is all I can say, thanks for all the advice and your support for the community and give to me also, in the short time I've known you. If you do sell the secret 80 please let me know.

That was a tough post to read.

Not much else worth saying except we'll be with you till the end my friend.

Chris if you need a hand with anything I'm only down the M1 a bit

Very sad news but I really admire the way you are approaching this. Wishing you the very best for the road ahead Chris.

Back