Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Going to California..

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Yes, just as in the Led Zep song, I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains. Landed an invite to be a keynote speaker at a summit being held by the University of California. Pretty whizzed about it as they've also bought 50 copies of my book. That can't be bad. Never worked in America, done the Far East, so this is a big tick in the box for me. Going to tag a day or two on there to stroll about and maybe find a gun club or two and have a blast.

Not got long, it's in a month. Going with an empty suitcase, so might find some Cruiser bits to pop in there.

Chris

Nice one! I have been on quite a few work trips to Houston (company HQ there) but havent been to California, which I believe iss far nicer and the wine is good too :)

have fun

Sounds good Chris - how long are you going for in all?

Book....Book... you've written a Book???

Gowan do tell !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris that sounds very exciting. Its nice when a plan comes together. are you flying in the front of the plane being an international guest speaker??

Ha ha, front seats. I used to an it's lovely. Dunno yet. Only going for a few days, maybe Tues to Sat. Something like that

Yes, written a book. Published last year. It's a bit niche, but selling well.

Chris

Frantically searching Amazon for anything published by a Chris....

Congrats Chris.

If time permits you should check out Yosemite National park ... it really is stunning.

I'm sure California is where there is a 4wd shop that has its only collection of vintage LandCruisers. :think:

Cant find a link to it now, even though I know I book marked it. :doh:

Quick google search didnt find it, but it did find a Cruiser museum in Utah which looks awesome. :clap:

http://www.landcruisermuseum.com/

EDIT. Just found it. :icon-biggrin:

In La and they've got a very interesting collection of all things LandCruiser. :dance:

http://www.sor.com/cathistory.sor?backto=CATINDEX.sor

Love that Ben. Not really going to have a lot of time - it's the distances over there. I did Washington DC a couple of years ago and unless you really go for it you've a job to pull much in, in a short time. Will give Frisco a quick look, but hate seafood. What else is it famous for? Oooer, really :shock:

Right well. Hmm. May not take my pink onesie then.

Just some sun would be nice and some people watching.

Chris

Jealoussss.... Enjoy! Go visit the giant redwoods if you have 2 hours - they're close by!

Matt, I do like the sound of that. Rather see natural stuff than buildings and fake boobs.

Well buildings definitely.

C

Where exactly are you staying in LA btw? It's a bit over 3 hours to get to the Sequoia National Park where the BIG guys hang out. They're "shorter" than the coastal Redwoods but they're ALL jaw dropping amazing. If you're on the north side of LA that will help a lot as it could take longer to get out of LA than to get to the Park :( LA = Grrrr
Solution : Hire a Wrangler and head out of town. There'll be another conference next year :p
I was at a 4 day conf last week and spent each morning shark diving which was way more fun than It nonsense! Maybe I can get away with it because I haven't written a book and am not famous (for anything useful!) :)

Never said I was in LA. I'm in Oakland. Flying into 'Frisco.

C

Nice one! I have been on quite a few work trips to Houston (company HQ there) but havent been to California, which I believe iss far nicer and the wine is good too :)

have fun
Hi Andy,

is that Transocean?

Gra.

Cool. My Son in laws folks live in SF - he's a big boy at your fav company - something fruity ... Ah yes - Apple. If you need local assistance. He has a rag top Mustang. Tough life ....

Back