Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got broken into last night...

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
I was on the road this weekend, hauling around a stage set for a touring play.Parked up in the 'secure' hotel car park. Came out of the hotel this morning to find this...

B15D73CE-2552-437A-BCBD-5EFFD32F60CC-7027-00000504D8662E7C.jpg

Door lock completely busted, screwdriver left on the drivers seat. Ipod, not-so-cheap Prescription Sunglasses, Watch, MagLite and interestingly a piece of chocolate biscuit cake stolen :icon-evil::icon-evil:. Local Cops came over and were brilliant. We went up to the station and their CSI guy came out and gave it a Tech Exam, not that it will yield much.:violin:

I do feel fortunate in a way, to have found the most inept petty thief in Ireland, as he didn't appear to notice the MacBook, €3000 worth of stage lighting gear, and €1000 worth of tools all within easy reach.. Must have had small pockets.

Need to get on to insurance in the morning, hopefully they will dispense a bit of monetary justice.:pray:

Unlucky Bob i hope the insurance act swiftly or the thieving scroat chokes on the chocolate.

Joe

Thats terrible Bob. :thumbdown:

But lucky they didnt nick all that expensive gear out of the back. :thumbup:

Looking at the pic I'm guessing they smashed the handle and were then able to pull the rod inside, maybe with needle nose pliers? :think:

Something to be said for the metal handles that Toyota used to fit to older cruisers. :icon-cool:

Maybe an alarm might have been useful? :think:

Unlucky Bob, sorry to hear about it.

Gra.

Thats terrible Bob. :thumbdown:

But lucky they didnt nick all that expensive gear out of the back. :thumbup:

Looking at the pic I'm guessing they smashed the handle and were then able to pull the rod inside, maybe with needle nose pliers? :think:

Something to be said for the metal handles that Toyota used to fit to older cruisers. :icon-cool:

Maybe an alarm might have been useful? :think:

Hindsight is 20/20... Horse bolting and all that.. Will look into an aftermarket alarm methinks. The 90 series isn't exactly hard to get into. Interestingly my central locking still works on the remote so it's not too bad.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did the alarm not go off? The colorado's alarm isn't exactly quiet, in fact it's one of the loudest ones I've ever heard. It should have gone off if you locked it with the fob?

I think your find the facelift versions have only got an immobilser. i know i havnt got an alarm on my l/c

Joe

I think your find the facelift versions have only got an immobilser. i know i havnt got an alarm on my l/c

Joe

Correct Joe, mine is a very late model, not registered till 03'.. No standard alarm, just immobiliser. Might consider an aftermarket one, but good ones are so danged expensive. (weigh it up vs cost of lost items I know)

Mr Insurance is going to pay for the damage to the cruiser with no excess or harm to my no-claims. He won't pay for the lost personal items though..... Pants

Correct Joe, mine is a very late model, not registered till 03'.. No standard alarm, just immobiliser. Might consider an aftermarket one, but good ones are so danged expensive. (weigh it up vs cost of lost items I know)

Mr Insurance is going to pay for the damage to the cruiser with no excess or harm to my no-claims. He won't pay for the lost personal items though..... Pants

You can usually claim those off your house insurance - se did that when the wife's car was broken into a couple of years ago and her handbag was stolen...

That's interesting Dave, I'll look into that one. Cheers

Joe

My 2001 GX has an alarm. Sodding thing wouldn't shut up outside Milners on the weekend!

Well it operates off the key and not from a separate fob so I would guess its a genuine one.

My Colorado is one of the early ones, 1996 model, and it has a factory immobiliser and factory alarm system. If I lock all doors and then open the car with the key, the alarm will sound and she will scream. Same thing if I lock it and if someone moves inside the car, the alarm will go off. I am fairly certain all UK models have factory alarms fitted. It only works if you use the fob to lock the car. Using your key doesn't engage the alarm system.

Maybe it was a factory option, plus O.Gs truck is a V6, perhaps a different spec to the diesels?

alarm siren is behind the drivers side sidelight inside the wing

My fob looks like this, along with a plain toyota key.

mx7o32z1IYMY8iReo4BPHWg.jpg

Back