Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

Right, so...

do i really need a snorkel... :oops:

I've put my name down for one of them Alien ones but not going to be here for a while yet?

I dont know if ben was joking or not ryan. I havnt got a snorkel and a couple of others havnt. Going to try and sort one before but we will see.

BEN..... Two groups? dont like the sound of that :cry:

no you dont!

i doubt any of the crossing will be that deep, and if they were you could just drive around using the roads, or some one could tow you through with your engine switched off. :thumbup:

Karl, id rather have one group. :thumbup:

but i know some people wouldnt be happy with that, green lane code of conduct etc. :?

mmmmmmmmmmmm.

See how everyone feels on the day and see how many come. I know When spin drift broke down in wales the two groups joined to make one group and we were fine.

Im happy either way, We are all sensible adults anyway and conduct areselves in the right manner.

Are we :pray: for alot of rain then ben for the rivers? I might just bang a tube on for a snorkel me thinks :D

Hi Ben, no good asking me. Many of the well known ones I suppose. Some a couple of times. Old Post Road, Stuff around Nant y moch, Strata, pheasant pen steps, Wayfarer some while back. That sort of stuff. I am am honest it doesn't do much for me. I'd rather spend a day in deep mud getting 100 yards than driving some of these lanes. But there's more to it than that. The night that Karl, Gav, Warren, Poppy and I spent in that forest overnight in the snow was simply magical. Who cares about driving!

If fuel was as cheap as chips, I wouldn't be so bothered. But it's not and I have to watch what I spend just like everyone else. Kids, Mrs Chris, three cars, mortgage blah blah. Can't afford to p155 it away.

But I'd like to see some more of the Shropshire stuff for sure.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
we are praying for rain Karl, but i find its difficult to judge the height the rivers will be at after/during rain.
some of the bigger river crossing end up being 7 or 8ft deep and very fast flowing, so cant be driven.

id like to have the rivers about 5ft deep. that would be about a quarter of the way up my windscreen. :twisted:

but dont worry i doubt they will be anywhere near that. :lol: and theres usally roads with bridges near by, so there easily avoidable. :thumbup:

regarding whether to go to wales or not. there are enough decent lanes in shropshire for me to do an entire weekend of shropshire laning, if that would be preferable?

if we did stay in shropshire it would cost us all a bit less in fuel. :thumbup:

im out this weekend, so will give me chance to check a few new lanes out. i also want to try driving this new lane that ive opened up, but uphill this time. :thumbup:

im going to have to get my maps out and put a route together, and try and think of a decent camp spot. :thumbup:

If need be I'll have ago at leading a group. Got a basic carputer setup so shouldn't get too lost...

I was gonna volunteer but you beat me to it Ryan

So was i :liar:

I do want to try and get memory maps sorted this time round if you wouldnt mind giving me a hand rob. Thats if its not done by then :thumbup:

No problem Karl PM/call me if you have any issues or I can sort it out on the day.

Keith no room left sorry.

We would love you to join us :liar: no, we relly would :liar: :liar: :liar:

But we really carnt have anymore at this weekend :liar:

Please beleive me mate :liar: You know id like you to come for the weekend :liar:

I want you to see my new lift kit, This lift actually makes your truck higher than it was before you fitted it :lol:

clown :confusion-helpsos:

:romance-kisslips:

karl webster said:
Keith no room left sorry.

We would love you to join us :liar: no, we relly would :liar: :liar: :liar:

But we really carnt have anymore at this weekend :liar:

Please beleive me mate :liar: You know id like you to come for the weekend :liar:

I want you to see my new lift kit, This lift actually makes your truck higher than it was before you fitted it :lol:

clown :confusion-helpsos:

:romance-kisslips:

Sniff sniff sniff....

Not gonna let you play about with my leg anymore now mate.... thats it.....ya finished. :naughty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeeze I hope not Karl.....nearly six months since I last fell for you.....Starting back to work next Tue.
I like a break but that was taking it too far

Looks like I have had my ass stamped for the 11th. Sorry that should have read had my pass stamped. :D

Chris

Now that did make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did that take you the full hour to come up with that :think:

Looking forward to the weekend :thumbup:

Having some of them spring spacers made. Do you want 20 bringing with me? 5 per corner :D

Back