Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

not long now! :dance:

i had a 400mile drive last night down to Toby in Surrey to pick up some more aggressive boots, got in at 1am. :?
should get those fitted tonight along with a rear diff oil seal.

for those travelling up from down south, you might run into traffic problems on the M54 due to RAF Cosfords air show being on, but id have thought at 9am you should miss most of the traffic.

the proposed camp site is near that very tricky lane, so if anyone feels like a challenge we could go and have a go at it, after making camp saturday evening. :twisted:

oh and my mate Mitch is coming in his landrover 90 :whistle:

see you all tomorrow morning, cant wait! :thumbup:

Right, I'll put some more tools and tow straps in then Ben. And a couple of gallons of oil. The welding set, some spare half shafts ....

Sounding good. Do we have Sunday mapped out yet?

Chris

Ben, glad to hear you got back ok. :thumbup:

Chris, don't forget your Viair! :whistle:

Have a good weekend,
Toby
1990 HDJ80
1994 HDJ80

Tick-Toc :) I'm clock watching now, wishing time away :D ;)

As we are all converging @ the same location for the same time (roughly :shifty: :) ;) ) shall we agree to a common CB channel & user group name to see if we can hook up with each other en-route :)

If so may I be so bold as to suggest channel 24 & to call ourselves Group Cobra for no other reason than this channel & group name just springs to my mind as I sit here :)

See you all tomorrow, fingers crossed, looking forward to it very much :D I'm planning on leaving Witham @ 05:30Hrs :shock: :lol:

Have fun you guys - wish I was coming along; will be there for the next one once the brownie points balance is a bit more in my favour...

From the sound of the thunder up here at the moment, you may have your wishes for a wet one!!! :mrgreen:

Zut alors!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Counting down the time too. Got a fairly chilled evening ahead. Just need to sort out wheel bearings, figure out why my cb has no power and maybe try and run a new power cable to my compressor... Oh and pack...
Departure will also be 5:30am! Gonna need coffee and lots of it.

Me too

Tick tock,tick tock!!

Is my truck ready???? Silly question. As always im three weeks behind :doh:

Ryan, I only have one wheel bearing in stock. Thought i had a pair as well. Ordered some anyway but wont be here.

Ill bring the other anyway just incase :thumbup:

I'm locked and loaded, Cobra leader.

Channel 24 it is. I have an amp on my rig, so I may get to you a little earlier.

Ryan, need anything from my parts bin at all? Or from Milners - only 10 mins from my house if you are stuck.

Chris

Cheers chris. Don't know yet to be honest... Haven't given the bearings a go yet. Will do after work. Fingers crossed.

OK, sounds like Karl has you covered, but just in case all else fails, like I said I have a pair of hubs built up complete with discs on. They can be whipped off of course - with my air impact wrench. Whoo hoo.

C

I dont mind either way chris :thumbup:

Just didnt want him counting on me having two sets on me :thumbup:

Thanks for the help guys. I'll report back tonight. I'm confident a nip up will do the trick.

Getting amped now!

don't know how it is in shropshire but it's not far away from here and it's p'ing down at the moment :)

Good. The thought of laning in desert conditions wasn't that appealing Jon. OK I don't want to camp in the rain, but the definition of a ford is surely something to do with crossing water not dry gravel. It should all be funnelling down into the little streams and ditches.

Chris

Sounds good to me, I wanted rain but dont know how i will get on with the grabbers on :?

Going to be good fun anyway :thumbup:

Just checked the mets website. Heavy rain this afternoon. Clear tomorrow morning with a few light showers on the afternoon. And supposed to be a clear evening with lows of 4'C.

Hmmm... I think summer is broken.

Is anyone wanting me to bring some lorry sheet to protect there roof tents or not?

I carnt suppy straps as well though :D

Most of our weather comes across from Shropshire and we've had a fair bit of rain this week so you might even get to make a splash Chris :lol:

Re: Re: Green laning

karl webster said:
Is anyone wanting me to bring some lorry sheet to protect there roof tents or not?

I carnt suppy straps as well though :D
Yes please, got my own straps.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back