Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Group buy - 80 series rear tailgate decks in stainless or aluminuim

Guys! After what only seems like months, we're nearly there. I've had word that the plain ones will be leaving the launch pad next week followed a week later by the cubby ones. The chap is just writing up the instructions and putting the fitting kits together then they'll be packaged up. One day we'll sit around and laugh about this. Or cry. Or both. Or something. Maybe we'll sit in silent contemplation. But hopefully inside we'll all be feeling delighted.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

What do you meen they are all sold i am still waiting for a picture to see if i will buy one. Does this mean i am too late?

I'm sure you have Mark, I'm sure you have. What I was trying to say in clearly a too subtle way is, that I'd leave him be for the second. He's up to his knackers in back orders and he's working through ours. You are unlikely to get much of a response if you try to get hold of him now in relation to a new order. I have already passed your requirements on to him. Don't worry. We'll get you hooked up as soon as it's possible. He said he'd made a couple of spare sets, but I'd really wait and see if we get the 20 we've ordered first. I can't guarantee that there was any scrap. I will make a point of asking him for you and get back to you matey. Trust me. I've not forgotten you.

Hey Stu, you had your chance mate. Ha ha.

Erm... Anyone else getting a bit peeved here...

Obviously there is nothing aimed at Chris here but... Fluppin heck... I'm set fair for a right blustering post & am restraining myself ridiculously here... (You should see what's been written & deleted )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys if only you knew how much effort I am putting into this. Honestly, I couldn't make it up but none of what I could relate would get us any further. Many, and I mean many of you PM me. More than once in fact. Trust me when there is anything to tell you either way, it will be on here immediately. Remember I have ordered 2 myself so I am very very keen to get thos respolved. Buit is is way more complicated than someone just being a bit slow. So unless you can post anything actually helpful then please do keep you rants to yourself as they aren't going to achieve anything. I have suggested a full refund to the supplier and whilst I really want the products, maybe cutting our losses is ultimately the answer. But that leaves them with a load of stock. Which personally isn't a position I'd like to initiate. There really isn't anything more that I can say other perhaps than please stop PM ing me. The second I get some news, it will be on here in a flash. We are the only ones reading these posts so if you want to have a go at the supplier then fine, but they won't see it. All you will be doing is giving me a bashing which frankly I could f***** do without'.

I'm in no doubt that you are regretting the whole thing Chis which is why I opened my gambit the way I did; we've had pm's & phone calls about it but there's no point in effin at us... This fool had had over 2 grand from us for these things a long time ago. Is he in a position to offer refunds because that's what I would like...

Chris I know anything I've said and I'm pretty sure what others have said is not aimed at you personally. It's not a question of the money, I certainly don't want a refund, it's just very frustrating not to be receiving the tailgate decks.
I know you've told us the manufacturer has been having a troubled time and you've kept us updated when you can and we've heard reasons but not any sort of apology from him for the delay.

Gav, it would be very easy to agree and say yes, I regret the whole thing, but no one knew it would go on like this. So I am pissed off that it's not happened as it should, I guess if I regret it, then I'd be telling myself I could have done something to avoid it. Doesn't make much sense I know, but basically I had no idea that this would effectively be a gamble. Supplier, item, cash, delivered, y'know? I have been massively let down here and for all the valid reasons for the delay, I'm pretty damn cross. I have asked repeatedly for some piccies to put on here so that people can at least see what's what but every time I ask - nada.

So I will be in touch again tomorrow, there simply cannot be any further excuses. I do know that we aren't the only customers waiting.

Now as far an apology Gav, I do seem to remember something about a raffle for a fridge slide .......

Aye, sorry Will... You're a member here. It wouldn't take much to rock up & give Chris a lift... Its gone too far for me. I dont want my plates. I'd like my money back please. Let me know what you need to do to refund it. Cheers

Our posts crossed there Chris as have our pm's. I haven't asked for an apology nor a fridge slide which a lottery landed me with & I dont see any relevance in that - he can have it back if it will help this sorryass situation...

Good luck with him tomorrow; will await his update keenly :-\

Guys I know how we all feel about this situation. It's totally disappointing. It's really unfortunate to be expercing these delays as a whole for all of us, Chris had tried his upmost and it's important to remember that times like this we should all rally around each other and focus on a solution. This is more then about the money, it's about the agreement as Chris kindly stated at the begining and now again. It was a simple transaction of a order and a sale of 20 or more items. The company making them has let us all down and for this it will be their only sale form this forum if we get them or our money back. Their loss totally and we shouldn't loose face with each other because of it. If we get our money back we can get them another time with someone else. This experience is a learning curve for us all and will pay dividends later on.
Thank you all for your patience

Its gone too far for me. I dont want my plates. I'd like my money back please. Let me know what you need to do to refund it.
Me too for the 2 I ordered, was never all that bothered about having tailgate storage was just helping get the numbers up :doh:

After all this time I doubt that the supplier has any serious intention of delivering our products. I don't know the supplier, but the facts seem to speak for themselves.

May be time to consider taking this through the small claims court. The process is very simple, the judge will without a doubt find in our favour, and we then pass it to the Sheriffs (not the Bailiffs) who will seize goods and sell them to generate our cash.

Would this happen as a collective Andrew or a series of individual actions? I have no experience here & hope it doesnt come to this but a jokes a joke...

It would need to be between the parties to the contract i.e. Chris and the supplier..

Guys I know how we all feel about this situation. It's totally disappointing. It's really unfortunate to be expercing these delays as a whole for all of us, Chris had tried his upmost and it's important to remember that times like this we should all rally around each other and focus on a solution. This is more then about the money, it's about the agreement as Chris kindly stated at the begining and now again. It was a simple transaction of a order and a sale of 20 or more items. The company making them has let us all down and for this it will be their only sale form this forum if we get them or our money back. Their loss totally and we shouldn't loose face with each other because of it. If we get our money back we can get them another time with someone else. This experience is a learning curve for us all and will pay dividends later on.
Thank you all for your patience

Here here!

I paid him £150 i can't remember how many months ago for a part that could be sent in an envelope and i'm still waiting .

Just looked at the digital tuning post it was July i paid for it . I also googled his name other forums mention with similar problems , ebay feedback is not to healthy either .

Last edited:
I paid him £150 i can't remember how many months ago for a part that could be sent in an envelope and i'm still waiting .

Paid who, the supplier of the decks? I don't know who the hell we are actually buying these from, or have I missed something in a previous posting?

Back