Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

gxl 100 4.7 v8 manual 2004 vs hilux 2003

Philhilux03

Country Flag
australia
Firstly hi to all, great reading.
I have a dilemma, my trusty 2003 hilux 4x v6 manual VS land cruiser gxl 100 4x 4.7 v8 manual - both gold colour as we want - both manual as we want - problem - hilux has been great no problems maybe cv joint n leaf springs, no issue really - wanting to go camping n sleep out n the gxl seems to have enough room for that while the hilux requires customising n removing tool boxes etc - then again we want a v8 the lux while a good townie lacks some power, torque is great overtaking with 5 in the lux forget it = after all that - I have found the colour transmission year v8 manual in the land cruiser with 250 on the clock at 20,000 while the lux has 95 - do I get the land cruiser as is put a new motor in it or keep the lux n put a v8 in it, 17,000 ready to do - whereas the land cruiser has the goods already - do I stay n upgrade the lux or get the land cruiser - what if any issues are there between the two namely the land cruiser - purpose is work truck n camping truck n v8 - both upgrades are relatively same cost all up about 15 -20,000 to keep as long as we live n it still works well ... Thanks in advance Phil

I have read your post about 10 times and i'm still not sure i understand it fully , if the punctuation buttons don't work on your com may i suggest you leave a gap instead .

If i have understood your dilemma i would say buy the cruiser and spend your money on a trailer instead of an engine swap .

Get the LC. It has (almost) everything you're looking for and is ready to roll. Non OE engine swaps nearly always throw up unexpected problems and go over budget. JMO

I have read your post about 10 times and i'm still not sure i understand it fully , if the punctuation buttons don't work on your com may i suggest you leave a gap instead .

If i have understood your dilemma i would say buy the cruiser and spend your money on a trailer instead of an engine swap .

As above (on both counts), buy the cruiser, a work trailer and comma & period buttons for your keyboard :lol:

BTW, welcome to the forum, don't mind us .... :eusa-whistle:

Last edited:
Land cruiser every time, but asking a Landcruier forum to choose against a cruiser maybe a an uphill battle.
ps welcome to the forum

i,ve got a hi-lux for work and an amazon 4.7 v8 auto for everything else, and it,s a no brainer for me....landcruiser everytime.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Firstly hi to all, great reading.
I have a dilemma, my trusty 2003 hilux 4x v6 manual VS land cruiser gxl 100 4x 4.7 v8 manual - both gold colour as we want - both manual as we want - problem - hilux has been great no problems maybe cv joint n leaf springs, no issue really - wanting to go camping n sleep out n the gxl seems to have enough room for that while the hilux requires customising n removing tool boxes etc - then again we want a v8 the lux while a good townie lacks some power, torque is great overtaking with 5 in the lux forget it = after all that - I have found the colour transmission year v8 manual in the land cruiser with 250 on the clock at 20,000 while the lux has 95 - do I get the land cruiser as is put a new motor in it or keep the lux n put a v8 in it, 17,000 ready to do - whereas the land cruiser has the goods already - do I stay n upgrade the lux or get the land cruiser - what if any issues are there between the two namely the land cruiser - purpose is work truck n camping truck n v8 - both upgrades are relatively same cost all up about 15 -20,000 to keep as long as we live n it still works well ... Thanks in advance Phil

Thank you for the replies to what I wrote. The LC it is. I was checking with you if there are any issues with the LC that I may I need to be prepared for. Seems there are none. Cheers.

Back