Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HDJ80 - Winch Bumper

Dont know about these, but the twin rear wheel carrier that I bought from them at the Bad kissengen show 4 years ago has been very good, its done 4 desert trips with plenty of abuse & no probs.

I would buy another without hesitation

Andy

On the basis that the guys at Footloose4x4 completely screwed up and left ity so late that I couldn't source an ARB bumper anywhere, I have opted for the one from Lattitude. Sight unseen, so fingers crossed. I'll post the results in a few weeks.....

I have one on my 120 took a couple of hours to fit.

Quality is excellent and even shipping direct from France, way cheaper than anything else I could get in the uk

The 120 version is 47kgs of solid steel and with my xp9 winch, it is best part of 100kg on the nose so you will probably want to upgrade the front springs for the additional weight.

I sprayed mine with rattle cans to match the car colour before fitting, as the standard black is a bit of a clash.

Got mine from David Bowyer in Devon ( Goodwinch ) . Cost £249 fits well works well and no scaffolding round the lights. I made one minor addition when fitting.
John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew how did you like your freeways bumper in the end? I am considering on of these over an ARB

Lorin, there is more than a passing chance that I could be in the market for an 80 winch bumper. Bear me in mind if you make a move. We could go halves on shipping or something. Maybe a deal for two. Not 100% yet as things have to fall into place as always. It looks 'more' bumper than an ARB, not quite as off road friendly but certainly good for an overlander build.

Chris

Chris I am just waiting to get confirmation from my insurance company and I will be then be ready to purchase (nice van drove into the front of me and £480 cost to replace bumper from Toyota seems too good an opportunity to not upgrade to a winch bumper). I am happy to hold fire for a potential saving. Looking at the Freeways bumper I am not sure whether the £200 saving over an ARB is worth it - we may be able to negotiate a better rate with TBR for the ARB if doing a double purchase.... I'll keep looking at the options and let you know when my insurance funds have cleared.

Last edited:
I was going to give TBR in P'boro a go. We have always had a discount with them. I do like the TBR one. It's proven.

C

I just sent TBR accessories an email asking whether a discount was possible for a double purchase on the ARB. Mentioned membership of the club. I'll let you know when I hear. Do you have any links/pictures for the TBR bumper you mention - I can't seem to find anything..?

Chris , lorin i'm also waiting for insurance to give go ahead and i've allready told the garage i will be upgrading so count me in as well please
By the way what are the costs are we looking at? just so i can let the garage know.

Ram the ARB comes in at just over £1000 without any potential discount whereas the Freeways Latitude of similar design is listed at approx £700. Would also need to factor in delivery charges. Hopefully it will be possible to negotiate some sort of discount for a multiple purchase

Lorin, not got any pictures as such. I have seen many fitted and just know they're good, tidy and up to the job. I would buy one pretty much on price, unseen, whereas anything else like a Freeway I'd quite like to see some better images of as I don't know them. I did look at the Iron Man one from West Coast, but frankly I have no desire to spend further money on that product given the appalling finish quality. 3 club ARBs should net us some discount, surely!

Chris

These guys where doing one for £550 including (Pretty sure on this anyway) any customisations that you may want/need.

They don't list a land cruiser one anymore, but it looks like they are just a small volume fabrication company anyway. So they may be worth checking out.

http://leylandfabdesign.co.uk/products.asp

Yes, I remember those.

Chris

Sorry Grant, details of ..............?

Chris

Sorry mate, that was my comment in its entirety. Yes, I remember those. That's it. Any more and I'd have to make it up. Clearly I didn't buy one. It isn't something that I did a screen shot of or anything in relation to pinching the design, so it perhaps didn't lodge in my brain at the time.

Chris

Back