Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help & advice planning a Wales trip........

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
.......I'm after a bit of help planning a weekends laning trip to Wales for myself & my m8 Giles @ the end of March / begining of April (two maybe three vehicles) we are looking for somewhere to stay on the Friday night & the Saturday night while doing some lanes. One place as a base would be best, but not opposed to moving on to a second location for the second night. Thinking Trust House Forte / Premier Inn type of thing :)

Can anyone help me with some advice on this matter :?: :)

Please be gentle as we are Welsh Virgins :)

Thought you had ordered a tent!!!!!

C

Chris said:
Thought you had ordered a tent!!!!!
Ah well yes :) But this trip is really being pushed by my m8 Giles (the chap who lent me the tent). He's about to start a large job in the next 3/4 months that will remove him from normall life for 6+ months so he is keen to sort a trip out to Wales before this starts as he will be out of the loop for so long. This trip will be his first trip to Wales for a bit of laning & possibly mine aswell, so it is felt that staying in a travel inn/lodge will remove some of the possible complications that may be encountered by a couple of Welsh lane virgins that will be doing all they can just to navigate to, between & along the lanes that we have never seen before :) It also means that there is a hot shower @ the end of the day, a comfy bed & easy food :) Oh & clean white porcelane should one require a number two :lol: ;)

Also even though I now know what to do about having a 5h17 when camping (100m of rope, spade, torch, toilet paper, hand wash, waterproof bag, stick with a small flag, box of matches & a can of petrol) :lol: And my tent should be with me by the end of next week, I do still need a tent lantern & a mattress :!: :D ;)

http://www.cambrianway.com/index.cfm?id=106

This place may work for you, as it's only a stones throw from a number of lanes, they are 4x4 friendly, have their own off road course, can provide a digital route map for the local lanes as well as a map room which I believe is kept up to date with the local ROW office.

I stayed there a few times in the early '90s and had a great time, found the map room very useful.

Cheers,

Scott.

There used to be a 4x4 friendly B&B not far from Ponterwyd which I think warren might have got the details for the snowy Wales trip. Don't think you'll be staying in a travel inn/lodge :lol:

Scott said:

This place may work for you, as it's only a stones throw from a number of lanes, they are 4x4 friendly, have their own off road course, can provide a digital route map for the local lanes as well as a map room which I believe is kept up to date with the local ROW office.
Looks good :thumbup: Thank you :D

Jon Wildsmith said:
There used to be a 4x4 friendly B&B not far from Ponterwyd which I think warren might have got the details for the snowy Wales trip
:cool: I shall look forward to the info on that :thumbup:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Don't think you'll be staying in a travel inn/lodge
:?: :?: :?: Are there no Premier Inn's or Travel Lodges near by then :?: We are happy to be up to an hours drive from the main laning area :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Scott said:

My m8 Giles gave these a call this morning and has booked it for the weekend of the 1st & 2nd of April. We noticed while looking @ the 4x4 Travel Show web site that he will be one of the exhibitors @ the show (Llanerchindda Farm).

Cheers Scott :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Just got back from our weekends laning in Wales spending a couple of nights staying @ The Llanerchindda Farm Guest House http://www.cambrianway.com/index.cfm?id=106 as recommended by Scott (thanks Scott, it was a great place) and it was excellent. The business is run by Father & two sons as an activity guest house, the accomodation is excellent, the food great, there's a self service bar area & they even have there own play & play site that we spent a couple of hours in having a great time :thumbup: But the cherry on the cake is the knowledge that they have of the local lanes & each night before we went laning one of the brothers spent some time with us in thier map room going through the best lanes that would suit what we wanted to do and each day got it spot on :D We were only there for two days but he intimated that he could put together 5 days of laning in & around the area of the farm & because of thier local knowledge we were doing lanes that other would not even think were viable. For example the first day we did something that they called the Strata Florida loop, it took us 9.5hrs from leaving to getting back in the evening. On the second day apart from doing Sarn Helen :mrgreen: There was one short lane that was so insaine that we went up & down it three times just to try it up as well as down it was great :thumbup: :D

Thank you Scott for the recomendation & thank you Llanerchindda Farm Guest House for a great weekend :thumbup:

Glad it worked out for you Steven, and that you had a great weekend laning in Wales.

Cheers.

Back