Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hi-lift, jackall, t-max jacks

mike hatton

Hi Chaps,

Selling some tyres that I'll never get round to using so there's a little spare cash coming my way. I was thinking with my rather long wheel base that a high lift would be handy to help navigate narrow gates and tight turns as well as aiding recovery.

Question is, can I get away with saving some pennies on a t-max jack or do I really need the branded hi-lift?

Thanks (and happy new year)

Mike.

Hi Mike,

To be honest the T-Max ones aren't bad - even the Red Farm Jack products you see on the green ovals aren't bad.

For the odd occasion where you'll need it I'd save the money and go for the T-MAx. Just remember to buy those jack-tidy rubber grommet thingy's as well. It stops the rattling!!

Hope this helps!

um, I had a farm jack on my sj and it was far from exact with its operation. Always kept it well greased but it rarely did as asked and you had to be wary of it. It will only see occasional use but it'd be nice to have something a little more usable... plus this truck it twice the weight.

I've got a proper branded Hi-lift ...have had it for about 4 years .. never let me down

Red Oktober said:
I've got a proper branded Hi-lift ...have had it for about 4 years .. never let me down

same here. :thumbup:

i wouldnt buy anything but a genuine high lift. :)

From my experience the highlift tends to jam when lifting my fully loaded 80 with an LR adaptor... seems to combination of weight and offset lifting point due to the adaptor don't mix well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lifted my 100 fine Rob, not sure why you're having difficulties.

From what I have read elsewhere the Hi-Lift gets mostly good reviews where as I have yet to find a word against the jack all. There's little said about the t-max although it is cheaper so it'd be harder to dissapoint. Suggestions on where to buy would be great too.

Thanks

Mine is a Jackall chosen because at the time it it had a much higher rating than Hi-Lift and were reckoned to have a more reliable mechanism less prone to jamming, don't know if that's still the case or where you'd get one from now.

I've two genuine HLs. Hateful things but just the ticket when you need one. I bought the all cast one recently in the 5' length. Damn it's huge. Lifts the 80 like nothing - with or without the adaptor. Frankly on level ground, it's best under the rock slider rather than with the daft thing on the end shoved into the dedicated tube. They do need to be kept lubed I find.

Chris

mike hatton said:
You get on ok with your Jackall Jon?
Yes, but I borrowed Gav's Hi-Lift last time I needed a jack because mine is bolted on and his was loose and the easier option :)

Aye, Gav is always loose.

Found a jackall on eblag and it's just up the road from me :thumbup:

Hands off!

Back