Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ideas for Lincomb

Lincomb Ideas

• - A bush Mechanic course (wonder if we can raise Greg?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - An auto electrical course?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With regards to the welding: I think a demo of how easy or difficult it is. A few pointers about safety, what sort of kit a beginner should be looking at, uses of different types of welders, what sort of power (is that the right word?) you need for different thicknesses of metal etc.

It would be good if we could set up a bush welder using two car batteries.

On a different topic, I would be interested in a tyre repair demo - getting the tyre of the wheel and refitting it using basic tools.

SpinDrift said:
It would be good if we could set up a bush welder using two car batteries.
Not easy to do with just 2 batteries... Really need 3 (36v).
If trying to use 2 electrodes need to be the thinnes, and penetration isn't that great. Will work in an emergency though.

I will explore the welding options then and see if something can be done about those things mentioned (except the bumper making :lol: )

For the electrics option, what advantage are you looking for by covering it at Lincomb verses just discussing stuff on the forum?

I volunteer to get a rear bumper made up. Happy to hold the tea mug for you :lol:

for the welding option,i would agree with spindrift,just some basic pointers as how,what and how much.
and on electrics the list that olazz has made is the one i'll be making if i had to make one.
ram.

For the welding, does it want to be bush based, so what gear to take on a trip, or home based or both.

Here's a bush video link from pradopoint.

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.ph ... 8ff3cc1e4e

Also tyre repairs in the bush, I know Chris from BOAB does all that gear, (not reall? a plug for him, but he does sell it, and provide us with beer, prizes etc, :thumbup: )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TonyS said:
Also tyre repairs in the bush, I know Chris from BOAB does all that gear, (not reall? a plug for him, but he does sell it, and provide us with beer, prizes etc, :thumbup: )
I wondered about Chris showing us how good his tyre stuff is for that one :)

Back