Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ideas for Lincomb

Lincomb Ideas

• - A bush Mechanic course (wonder if we can raise Greg?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - An auto electrical course?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are always the exercises for team building and competition not including vehicles. You know the type where you have a load of oil drums and scaffold planks etc and have to cross areas where you cant touch the ground of move a fragile object over a distance.

Could be some fun for the people who are passengers/family or not using their trucks.

I seem to recall a 'colonials vs the rest' touch rugby challenge??

There's also the good old 'boat race'...

When would we do these extra things? Seemed like there was plenty to do at the last one with the trickier punches?

Like the Pub idea ! :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
I seem to recall a 'colonials vs the rest' touch rugby challenge??

I seem to recall the "Colonials" outnumbering the "Rest" by at least 2-to-1 ...... ;)

Personally would love a bush mechanics course - TBH a pretty basic mechanics course would suit me fine :lol:

The pub idea I would like to go with lots and lots :D

As for the team building thing, not really for me.

I think the last one went really well with what was being done.

As for fixing trucks doesn't really do it for me as well the overland meet covers things like that. I suppose whatever activities are put on we can choose if we want to do it or not. I just enjoy getting together and having a drive around.

The waffle board idea was a good one.

Karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sausage making. Seems we were a little light this time around. :whistle:

Chris

How about a proper Pig roast?.

I mean a real whole pig on a spit.
I got frowned at when I asked for a little more meat, as there would be none left for anyone else :shock:

Felt just like like Oliver Twist... please sir can I 'ave sumore

They had one a couple of years ago lazz.
Was really good and lots of meat.

Karl

karl webster said:
They had one a couple of years ago lazz.
Was really good and lots of meat.

Karl
Must have been the economy drive version this year then Karl, as there weren't no meat on me plate!

Olazz said:
That may be because so few people booked in advance compared to how many attended making it very hard for Tony to guess how many pigs he needed to order ;)

I've just voted and it looks like my caravan is safe, but not safe from me oops :oops:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Olazz said:
That may be because so few people booked in advance compared to how many attended making it very hard for Tony to guess how many pigs he needed to order ;)

Good point JW, a well thought out, lucid and cogent retort!

Olazz said:
Good point JW, a well thought out, lucid and cogent retort!
Not only is it that, it's also correct. I did try to get everyone to send their forms in but it did not happen . . . .

Ian

Don't worry Karl, no naming and shaming here. I would just ask those who go to the next one to make sure they send their forms in. It's not fair on those who do . . .

Ian

Some interesting ideas. TBH, if someone wants to do a bush mechanics course then just wait until someone blows their CV and have a look at what is done/ask questions/get stuck in. I think a welding introduction, including bush welding may be more popular.

Old tyre filled with concert up a steep hill may sound like fun to some but there will be plenty of people not willing to do any damage to their truck. Also what happens when you only get halfway up, reverse over it? Recovering it from a ditch etc (with concrete) or a tyre pull (without the concrete)in the woods could be interesting.

I don't know if there are enough lanes in the area to use Lincomb as a base rather than the main event. One could with some help plan a multi cache geocache trail which would require not only the use of navigational skills but also some enjoyable laning for a day or two day event where you return to base for some evening activities.

You would be timed with the idea of reaching a targeted time rather than fastest wins. One could give each team or car a different order in which to do the caches and so it would mean not everyone just follows each other.

The caches could be hidden in locations accessible via 4x4 as well as some requiring you to get out the car and perhaps walk/hike to the location. It could be done in teams of two cars so that if anything goes wrong you have company.

It would require some serious thought and quite a bit of planning and setting up some time before the event but with the help of members on here it could get done a long time prior.

For those not wanting to leave base here could still be some of the same events or routes on the base.

Just an idea.

Warren the lanning format has been tried before and the new format has been a lot more successful as there is no social segregation from the 2 groups. Also we would need additional insurance if we took part in a timed activity that takes place on public road, even if its to get as close as possible to a specific time.

Back