Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Karpaten niva tour 2013. Part I (lots of photos)

Great photos! Looks like you had a good trip! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Nice to see some Ladas. :) I used to own a Lada Niva. I have very find memories of that vehicle.

I found this, it's worth checking out Cris.

British Citzens
Entry Requirements - Visas to Kiev and Ukraine
Citizens of the EU (including British citizens) are allowed to enter Ukraine without a visa for a visit of up to 90 days and you should be aware of Ukraine’s immigration rules before travelling. The overall duration of any stay without a visa must not exceed 90 calendar days per 180 calendar days from the date of first entry to Ukraine. Please seek further advice from the Ukrainian Embassy in London or Consulate General in Edinburgh. Other EU citizens should contact the Ukrainian Embassy in thier respective countries.
An appropriate visa will be required if you are coming to Ukraine for the purpose of employment, study, family reunion, immigration etc.
Entry Requirements - Travelling with children
Non-Ukrainian children travelling with a single Ukrainian parent or other adult may be required to produce documentary evidence of parental responsibility before being allowed to enter or, leave the country. For further information on exactly what will be required at immigration please contact: www.ukremb.org.uk/eng/cvs/

I wouldn't mind having a go at that run one year.

Is it a regular occasion Romi?

Is it held once a year?

When is the next trip scheduled for?

Lots of questions, sorry! :?:icon-biggrin:

Next trip with Nivas will be in the next year in july or august. But date is not fixed. If you want come alone, you can trawell with us in next Karpat Niva tour. If will be more peoples who want come, we can organiszed Land Cruiser Karpat tour.
In next year i think will be have more tours, not two like this year.

Great photos! Looks like you had a good trip! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Nice to see some Ladas. :) I used to own a Lada Niva. I have very find memories of that vehicle.

Thanks!!! Yes, it spetial car. And i like trawell with my niva. But in future plan buy second off-road car - TLC 70...

Wow - more photos than Ben !

Looks a great trip.

I did a lot of work on a Romanian trip for 2013, but decided on Portugal instead, mainly cos it was first trip in the Prado.

Questions....

Whats the start place?

Are the Police ok?

What is the total km of the trip (not including drive from UK)?

I also had a Niva, was ok but swapped to an SJ. The 4 door niva is interesting.

Pete

Wow - more photos than Ben !

Looks a great trip.

I did a lot of work on a Romanian trip for 2013, but decided on Portugal instead, mainly cos it was first trip in the Prado.

Questions....

Whats the start place?

Are the Police ok?

What is the total km of the trip (not including drive from UK)?

I also had a Niva, was ok but swapped to an SJ. The 4 door niva is interesting.

Pete

The start place is Uzghorod or Chop, depend from true which country will enter to Ukraine ( Slovakia or Hungary). From border near 30 km on high way to place for sleap first and last days of tour.
Next day start to the mountiens. Its next 80 or 200 km on high way (distance depends on the selected route). Distance on off-road too depend from the weather. If rainy, oure speed will be lower. But all ways can be maded with mud tyres.
This time we cross on off-road and bed village roads near 500 km. High ways is to near 500 km. All together will be 1000 km per 7 days.
With fjuel stations too don’t have problems. In this 7 days tour will be often pass villages and country roads with fjuel stations. Extra tanks no need. With 40 liters niva tanks we newer juse extra tanks with petrol.
With police no any problem, if they see car with local numbers, other followed cars don’t be stop. And if stop, I now how can decide the problem.
Long niva was great! Yes, its incredible, but its true. Time at time they run better that short nivas. And if I don’t see this buyself, I newer bellive in this. Ewrybody was surpraised with long niva.
For stay in Ukraine need money only for petrol (hear can see the price. Price is in grivna - http://ua.creditdeposit.com.ua/fuel/?fuel=dt ), and buy some eating for morning and dinner. Supers will be maded with as for ewry day in the mountiens. Will be prepeared on the fire different national eating. All other outlay will be include the tour cost.

Last edited:
Good post Romi. You have some amazing scenery there. It would be great to visit at some point.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pictastic thread Romi - thank you very much for sharing. Great tracks & scenery - wonderful!!!

Thanks!!!
Ewryone who want, can come and wisit this land! Some days, and will be ready the report about second group.

Thanks for sharing Romi, it looks like a brilliant trip. If a group of UK cruisers could be put together I'd be up for this in 2014

I like the idea.

Its a long drive to start the trip though, 1500miles each way to Chop (from my house!).

How about local vehicle hire, is that possible?

Its not the fuel costs (about 120 gallons), but the time spent on a motorway - maybe there is the possibility of flying in and hiring a local vehicle?

I have 2 trips planned for 2014, but 2015 calendar is looking clear.

Pete

Actualy, we dont have company which can rent off-road cars.
It realy will be nice trawell with Lannd Cruiser group from UK hear in Transkarpatia. Distance is realy not small... But if have for this time and money, whuy not?:icon-wink:

Actualy, we dont have company which can rent off-road cars.
It realy will be nice trawell with Lannd Cruiser group from UK hear in Transkarpatia. Distance is realy not small... But if have for this time and money, whuy not?:icon-wink:

Hi Romi,

Looking at the map, Sighetul Marmatiei appears to be a border crossing between Romania and the Ukraine. I wonder if that location is close enough to part of your trip route, to let me join you part way around?

I imagine that to be about 500 km from Bucharest...:think:

just looked it up and it's 566 km est time 8 and a half hours! :lol:

Last edited:
Next year plan com hear group from Slovenia (TLC Prado, Patrol GR and some other cars). I think it will be good if you can too join with us! Its for you realy wery close!

Next year plan com hear group from Slovenia (TLC Prado, Patrol GR and some other cars). I think it will be good if you can too join with us! Its for you realy wery close!

Does your route come close to the Sighetul Marmatiei border crossing? I could join there and drop off there on your way back. :icon-biggrin:

Can you post your route on a map?

Or maybe it's a trade secret :eusa-shhh:

Last edited:
Its not secret. My tracks all time is other. And i newer save in navi. But most time i drive realy wery close - pass the Біла Церква (what mean White Chearch).
From this place to my liwing place only 150 km!

Great stuff watching them old Lada's makes me wonder what crucial aspect really makes a good 4x4 :think:

Its not secret. My tracks all time is other. And i newer save in navi. But most time i drive realy wery close - pass the Біла Церква (what mean White Chearch).
From this place to my liwing place only 150 km!

Hi Romi,
what is 'white church'?

I was in Rakhiv and a little past in about 10 days ago!!

Hi Romi,
what is 'white church'?

I was in Rakhiv and a little past in about 10 days ago!!

Its the one of the richest willage in the Ukraine. Thear you can not find small houses, only castles)))
15929181fp.jpg

15929182oh.jpg

15929183dk.jpg

15929184ce.jpg

And what you doit in Rachiv?

And where is it?

Are those 'Roma palaces' or super rich people houses?? They are like castles!!

I was in Rachiv walking in the mountains and forest, was only there 2 days, would have liked longer. I was on my holidays, flew to Kiev and rented a car for 2 and a half weeks and looked round the West of Ukraine. I like to go interesting places on holidays!!
Really liked Ukraine and found the people very nice and friendly. Got stuck in Frankfurt (Germany) for a day on the way home and remembered all the reasons why I hate EU!!

Back