Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 100 Spares list for short trips.

James GrP

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,
Jon mentioned over the weekend at Avalanche that it would be really useful for some of us new folk to have a selection of spare parts for covering damage caused by common trail incidents, many of us use our trucks as our daily driver so being able to fix minor issues might also help some take the plunge.
I'm by no means an expert here so please do post comments and I'll update this post as we go.
If anyone would like to recreate this list on other Vehicle Specific threads, that would be great.

Crowd Sourced Spares List:
  • Spare key
  • Spare wheel
  • Tire plugging kit
  • Belts
  • Fluids
  • Radweld, super glue and chemical metal
  • Duct tape. WD40, PTFE tape. Instant gasket. Cable ties.
  • Hose clamps
  • Spare fuel filter
  • Heater Ts
  • 1 front 1 rear wheel bearing, grease.
  • Driver side wiper blade.
  • Spare bulbs.
  • Assorted nuts and bolts
  • Assorted electrical connections and some spare wire
  • Fuses at least 2 of each
  • Tire valve cores and stems
  • Spare rad hose and some fuel line.
  • Oil filter
  • Brake shoes
  • Brake pipe
  • electric cables
  • 5m of steel wire
  • Recovery and safety kit
Tools list:

12mm spanner
14mm spanner
22mm socket
24mm socket
10mm hex drive
adjustable spanner
flat head screwdriver
cross head screwdriver

Last edited:
Hi James,

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread similar to this, which we collectively put our thoughts into, but I'm in Scotland with limited internet so can't find it now. Put 'spares' or something into the search and see what comes up. I think the thread got pretty long and ended up very comprehensive.

N

The key question really is what would stop you dead in your tracks and what could you keep going with? If it's a consumable such as wheel bearings then change them before you leave.
Then you're down to things like alternators, starter motors, power steering pumps and such.

I think Nick is right. But can't recall any details.

Iam looking at this too but like the oracles have said trying to do maintenance before and then spares for what I would be confident doing.
Also would depend on how long you go away for and where.
So far:
  • Belts
  • Fluids
  • Radweld, super glue and chemical metal
  • Duct tape. WD40, PTFE tape. Instant gasket. Cable ties.
  • Hose clamps
  • Spare fuel filter
  • Heater Ts
  • 1 front 1 rear wheel bearing, grease.
  • Driver side wiper blade.
  • Spare bulbs.
  • Assorted nuts and bolts
  • Assorted electrical connections and some spare wire
  • Fuses at least 2 of each
  • Tire valve cores and stems
  • Spare rad hose and some fuel line.
Might be adding some brake pipe after the weekend as long as I take @fbnss to make one up.

Don't forget the spare key!

In addition to what has already been said, on the long trek I also carry a spare oil filter, brake shoes and some service bits for the rear drums ( yes, I have rear drums ). I also carry some electric cables, and 5m of steel wire.

This is for the vehicle. For the people side, there is another list of things. And for the camping bits, also yet another list of things. Then there is the recovery kit. And the navigation bits. Finally, destination specific bits like the hivis and triangle for Germany.

Added a tools list to the original post - below is what i have in a wrap, please do add what else would be useful (I think most of us carry a socket set at least!).

Tools list:

• 12mm spanner
  • 14mm spanner
  • 22mm socket
  • 24mm socket
  • 10mm hex drive
  • adjustable spanner
  • flat head screwdriver
  • cross head screwdriver

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Spares for the truck, spares for camping, spare for the spare, Essential refreshments beers...… now where's the trailer to put it all in! It's a never ending list but handy, I'm going out to check what I've missed. Cheers all have a trucking weekend :thumbup:

Pair of circlip pliers are handy to carry to replace oreo e a broken cc.

Back