Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC80 Exhaust Query

Nice. Jetex are good too.

"Jetex" that reminds me of those little Jetex rocket engines you could buy. Just a refillable tube and you could buy the little solid fuel pellets. Used in model planes.

"Jetex" that reminds me of those little Jetex rocket engines you could buy. Just a refillable tube and you could buy the little solid fuel pellets. Used in model planes.

I had a Jetex powered rocket when I as young... it was lethal and great fun... :icon-evil::lol:

They didn't half get hot Clive. We had them in the playground, with the threat of being caned of course. Now they've banned the cane and conkers. " Cane and conkers" that's one of those ghastly aboriginal meals isn't it ?

Don't know zip about aboriginal cuisine Frank, but to me, banning conkers is like banning Autumn. :eusa-naughty: The world's going mad.... nuts in this case.... if conkers are nuts.... oops, maybe a new topic...

Anyone comment personally if there is any drown noise having a 3 inch fitted?
Some are recommending a 2.5 inch fitted without the rear bend.
I certainly cannot bear to hear that driving along.

Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone comment personally if there is any drown noise having a 3 inch fitted?
Some are recommending a 2.5 inch fitted without the rear bend.
I certainly cannot bear to hear that driving along.

Thanks

My understanding is that turbos act as a silencer in the system and many have a straight through pipe with no boxes at all. I would imagine that to be too loud, but mine (no turbo) with no boxes is horrific!!

I have one big box roughly where the original main silencer was situated, but there's nothing else all the way to the end, no tail box.

It has a slight drone, but with the windows closed I don't hear it.

But in a tunnel, with the windows down, mmmmmm it sounds sooooo nice... :cool:

My old exhaust was knackered and noisy. In comparison the one I have now is quiet and I can't hear it. I can now here the turbo whistling away that I never used to. Others have commented that it sounds good by sitting in the truck I don't notice it. It's a lot quieter. Only noise I hear on the motorway are the tyres.

I bought a stainless flange off a UK seller on ebay and used that to make a dump pipe for my last 80. Some of the Supra and Celica turbo models used a CT26 so you might find someone selling them for those.

I should think the most restrictive part of the standard system routing is that bend off the turbo, the first silencer and the bends to go back over the top of the chassis rail to the main silencer.

A 3" doesn't have to drone but will if you don't get the silencer right.

I had a Jetex powered rocket when I as young... it was lethal and great fun... :icon-evil::lol:

I had one too over 40 years ago now. They're still around (2nd hand of course) if you can find one. I reckon the improved reliability and cheap availability of small glow plug engines like the Cox Pee Wee killed them off.

I didn't have to tell Charlie my trucks a beast and needs to sound mean :lol:

What i got was a deeper distinctive rumble that the neighbours recognize and it seems enjoy . A boot full of throttle around town or on a motorway will turn heads but its not loud .

zorst001_zps8816decb.jpg

A straight through custom made muffler allows you to pretty much choose the volume .

http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/pages/public/media/sound

I've been looking at these for a while... the ones within my budget were all imported from China, so I looked there!

I haven't pushed the button yet but when combined with a pallet of other goodies, I'm looking at £400 landed - VAT to be added of course. That's 3", turbo back.

Might be able to improve on that if anyone's up for a group buy... let me know and I'll pics.

Back