Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC80 Exhaust Query

DomJW

Country Flag
europe
Hello

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement exhaust system for my truck? I live in Shepherds Bush in West London.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Dom

Toyota?
Kwik fit?
ATS?
Q8?

If you can fit it yourself, Diesel ones are sold by Milner and Roughtrax. But Petrol ones are harder to come by

I have a diesel centre section in my loft in Bognor. Genuine Toyota.

Overland Cruisers have a custom stainless version available, might be worth contacting them as I have no idea on pricing and stainless has very good longevity.

Charlie at Prospeed Cardiff will knock you up a 3" stainless steel custom exhaust while you wait , not cheap but the man's a wizard .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Toyota?
Kwik fit?
ATS?
Q8?

If you can fit it yourself, Diesel ones are sold by Milner and Roughtrax. But Petrol ones are harder to come by
Thanks - Mine is a straight 6 petrol, Kwik Fit/ATS? is it that simple?

Many years ago, just before my second MOT, I had to replace my exhaust or fail mot, the flexi had failed and one of the silencers had a hole, the exhaust was a standard mild steel, I elected to have Powerflow in Aylesbury custom manufacture and fit a stainless system which was cheaper than a new mild steel one from Toyota or a factors.
This was before I joined this wonderful forum otherwise I probably would have gone a different route, Powerflow in the UK is not as good as Powerflow is in RSA.
I would still have gone custom stainless over mild steel if only because of the longevity factor.

Well the problem is you asked where can I get one not where should I get one. Personally I wouldn't touch Kwikfit etc with a barge pole. I would try Toyota just to get a reference point though. Quotes cost nothing. You could also ask Trevor at Freedom 4x4. If you can't fit it, you're at the mercy of whomever you pay. I would think that Trevor could source one, feed you tea and biscuits and fit it for you and not make you feel like you'd be mugged. Ok so it's a trip out Oxford way, but all in all for a proper job and have someone look your cruiser over whilst they're doing it, it's worth thinking about

If it's of any relevance, I fitted a "genuine Toyota" new mild steel full zorst system to my truck when the original fell off at about 230k km. It cost me an arm and a leg.

It lasted 7 years before rusting away.

Then I went for stainless, 10% more money than the Toyota mild steel system, but after 4 years it's the same as it was when fitted.

IMO, stainless has to be the way to go if you intend to keep the truck, or even just as a selling factor.

What kind of prices ye guys talking about for stainless steel versions/

I would have to go find the invoice to get you an exact price, but about 9 years ago I was quoted something like £560 and ended up paying around £620 as they had not quoted to replace the exhaust from the turbo back but from the down pipe back and I wanted from turbo back.

I feel somewhat certain the price would not be the same today.

I think Prospeed is still circa 600 quid guaranteed for life , mines been repaired twice no questions asked .

mine was £590 from prospeed, turbo back1 silencer, side exit. feb/15
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

What kind of prices ye guys talking about for stainless steel versions/

€1,000 four years ago, seems on a par with the U.K. Prices quoted.

Be sure that at all fixtures and fittings are in stainless too, there's some suppliers that aren't so fussy, and these little things are important for the integrity of the whole system.

It's worth the extra, this system is intended as a once only, for life.

All in mine was about £650, that's down pipes (2.25 inch a piece), 2 free flow cat converters, 1 silencer and side exit. 2.5 inch stainless. Mine's a petrol btw

Back