Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Leaky ship

Zeusv8

My rear passenger side window is leaking quite badly. I sealed the outside of the bead with black silicone but couldn't get to the inside of it because of the window. How do I remove the pane of glass from the metal strip(hinge) without breaking it? Cheers,James

Zeusv8 said:
My rear passenger side window is leaking quite badly. I sealed the outside of the bead with black silicone but couldn't get to the inside of it because of the window. How do I remove the pane of glass from the metal strip(hinge) without breaking it? Cheers,James

Hi James

A little puzzled at what you are saying, you say your passenger window is leaking, but where is the water
showing ?

I assume you mean the window that goes up and down ! if so these windows are designed to let water
into the door cavity, and drain out the bottom

No mate,sorry I meant the back window thats for the 3rd row of seats. It's the side window that only opens about two inches. The carpet in the back is soaked and the cubby hole for the jack has water in it. I found that it was coming through the plastic bead under the window which I sealed externally but now I need to remove the pane and do it right by sealing under the bead but I'm not sure on how the pane is seperated from the steel hinge plate!

OK. Ready?

Remove rear headliner trim
Remove door trims, 2nd & 3rd row belt-anchors, etc
Remove floor mat, starting w rear mat set plate
Remove rear quarter trim (under window)
Remove window surround trim
Then - you get to the two nuts at the front end and two small bolts on the lock - and the window is yours.

Taken from the fsm - abridged.

Thanks Uhu, I wonder how much autoglass would charge to do that if it was smashed! Think I'll leave it until the weekend! :whistle:

Back