Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Like a phoenix from the ashes......

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Ahh haaa, we are back on the road sports-fans. After slithering around for a good few hours this morning, everything is bolted back on nice and tight. Diff courtesy of the good Doctor Wildsmith. Some bits and bobs to fiddle with here and there, don't seem to have a hand brake again, exhaust pretty battered, pump needs tweaking, drawers to build, brakes need a work through.....

BUT aside from that

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I am definitely back in the game. Off road tomorrow on a neat little site locally so there'll be some muddy pics to follow.

Whaaay haayyy. Damn, isn't diesel expensive suddenly :shock: :shock:

Chris

Love to Tommo, but I need a gentle local run to shake everything down. And the off road place near here is just the ticket. If I get into trouble, it's nearly all down hill back to my place. No need for a tow truck. Think I have a CV on the way out though. Quite a bit of rotational play in it, so I'll be careful. Need it for Wales next weekend. Hove fun on the Plain you guys.

Chris

Looks good Chris, just in time for the next load of snow? :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris, your truck is looking mighty fine, have to say :thumbup: I really like the black winchbar and rims and the narrow tyres - looks like a real workhorse now, ready for a quick pootle round Africa and home again!
I'll be interested to hear how the new injector tips go and how much difference they make to performance and fuel consumption.

Cheers,

Cheers Boys.

Injectors, Andrew. So far not a deal of difference. OK smoke has gone except on cold start where it fuels more anyway. But on the 5 miles that I have done so far it has no more go than id did before. BUT, the fuel pump has been to the top and the bottom in the search for more power. With the nozzles in such a poor state, pump adjustments made no difference. So it is now, I think, on the rather lean side. Very little soot when revved hard. So a tweak a week and we'll see. it has to be better.

Chris

well done Chris, good to see GW back on the road again :dance: :clap:

Off roading was canceled so I went for a trundle. Hooked up with some lads off the welding forum and found a few lanes. I think there may even be a vid link later. Really pleased with the truck. Running beautifully. No smoke at all. OK no acceleration at all due to pump set up, but smooth, quite and making noises more like a cruiser should do. Can't help posting pointless pics really. Just love being back out in it. Spent £107 to fill it up though!!! Arrgghhh.

IMGP4238.jpg

IMGP4240.jpg

IMGP4236.jpg

Still some snow lying, must have been awesome at the height of the snowy weather. Found a lane near me so washed out on one side the the lads in their Zookies were on two wheels leaning in the brambles. No such drama for the 80 although I had to pull my mirrors in. Would be awesome done in reverse I think. Another day maybe.

Chris

Back