Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Get well soon Gav.

And have a good weekend to all attending, unfortunately i will not be coming to this one as it clashes with a family doo. but if im free for the later one il come along :D

Joe

:shock: WOW.

Did it come clean off or did you muller it a bit?

Come to think, you've chopped plenty of wood when pished camping... do you think the problem here may have been a lack of alcohol?

Your finger nail needs a trim... might be best to leave that to the missus... or just wait and see if it falls off!

Might send you a text next... see how long it takes you to reply :twisted: .

Gav I thought you must have had an oz pig disaster! I know a guy who cut his thumb clean off but got most of his movement back after sewing on. In terms of physio, I'd suggest opening tinnies :twisted: Sorry not to see you at lincomb.

Hi guys,

Need a reall? big umbrella, to cover the whole of Lincomb! We have just got ok ish, so don't need anymore rain!
The forecast yesterday for today, was for heavy rain all day from early morning, but as yet it's not here! Friday and the weekend looks ok.

Racking my brain as to how we can keep it on, but safely, especially in the wood. The river flooded last week, so down there is interesting!

Keep you posted but just a little possibility I might have to postpone!

Fingers crossed, :pray:

Jeeeeez - all the best Gav - hope it's a quick recovery :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Tony - you can always do water sports - canoe races in the bottom field!

Seriously though, if you have to postpone can I propose the weekend of Sat 2 June - its a 4-day weekend (bank holiday and Queens jubilee on 4th and 5th) so think how much more we could fit in!!! And that makes it so much more worthwhile for those that have to do looong distances to get there :lol:

I'm keeping everything crossed that Lincomb is still on (Jubilee weekend no good for me :thumbdown: ). Just about to put the 'Yota badge around my neck and do a naked sundance outside :lol: That should entertain the neighbours.

I'll send the Google Earth camera car around - hang on a sec ;-)

Trevor said:
I'm keeping everything crossed that Lincomb is still on (Jubilee weekend no good for me :thumbdown: ). Just about to put the 'Yota badge around my neck and do a naked sundance outside :lol: That should entertain the neighbours.

Stop bloody dancing you fool. You're doing the Rain Dance and not the Sun Dance.

I think I've got it Crispin, I'm now swaying slowly side to side with a lighter in my hand, Sun Dance right? Neighbours can't put it out due to the hosepipe ban.

I have been speaking to Tony regularly about the condition of the land.

As most of you know his livelihood is equestrian events. We have to fit in around these events. If the land is too wet we will dig it up and make it useless for an upcoming horse carriage event he has.

The hope is todays rain will not come to much and a bit of sun tomorrow and friday will dry the land enough so we do not dig it up too much. Tony lives in the real world and accepts there will be ruts made around the edge of the fields. The problem will occur if these ruts get too deep and people start bypassing them.

There is also a concern that at the moment the hill climbs in the woods are very slippery, even the moderate ones. The last thing we want is people sliding into trees or worse each other.

The current plan is for Tony to have a drive round the farm tomorrow morning and see what state it's in. We are well aware that people have booked time off work and some are coming a long way for the event. Depending on the conditions Tony finds tomorrow the event will go one of 3 ways, as planned, as planned but with restrictions or be postponed.

Cheers

Ian

Trevor said:
I think I've got it Crispin, I'm now swaying slowly side to side with a lighter in my hand, Sun Dance right? Neighbours can't put it out due to the hosepipe ban.
I can report that it has just started raining on the Wirral Trev... :roll:

Lets hope that Michael Fish hasn't prepared that forecast eh AP :p

Although I won't be able to come along, flingers clossed you can run it as planned guys. :cool: If not, hopefully I'll be back up & running by the time you reorganise... :mrgreen:

...and here i thought Tony's sole purpose in life was to give us a weekend to play? :mrgreen:

If there's a chance of restrictions or anything which might end up costing him money / time to repair (ruts etc) then might it be best if it is postponed? If it is marginal and there is some more rain on Thursday or Friday then it would pretty much write it off in terms of going into the woods (recall the Andrew / Chris meeting last time?)

Fingers cross though

The restrictions would be certain hill climbs out of bounds and a rethink of the special stages (happening now, just in case). We remember the Andrew - Chris thing only too well and want to avoid such happenings in the future.

Hopefully todays rain will not come to much and we will run as planned. It's certainly not raining as heavily here as the forecast said it would but I am about 140 miles from Lincomb.

Ian

Ok, just had a drive by the river, as it started to rain! Doesn't take long to get wet as the 4.5inches in the last three weeks have saturated the ground.

Forecast just now, 20-40mm over night due, saying that it was going to rain lat night too, and didn't.

I desperately don't want to cancel, but might have to or have a few compromises. Muddy ruts will happen, but as long as everyone stays to the same one, no worries.

In one place by the river, first stream crossing, to avoid making a track thru middle of field, to it, we could keep to the edge , but would need to make a new crossing point, definitely needing team work, possibly building a pole bridge too. (will supply poles).What do you think? There might also be other areas where team work will be essential, helping trucks without winches etc, though I know you do that anyway.

Keep you posted,

Bare with me, will make a decision in the morning, when hopefully the sun is shining.

Cheers,

Team work sounds good, assuming it's a go, I'm aiming to get up for around 2pm Friday so ready to pitch in.

Im coming up with Trev so more than happy to pitch in with any stuff that needs doing. Really hope the rain stays away. Even if restrictions are on place will be a good weekend, the banter and evening get togethers are as enjoyable as the off-roading. Fingers crossed!!!

But as we know, it dries out incredibly quickly. So all is not lost until, well, Sunday night really :thumbup:

I like the idea of building bridges. I also like the idea of sipping on a beer watching clueless people struggling to build something that might take the weight of a small dog. :lol:

What Andrew / Chris thing? It was just an Andrew thing as I recall :whistle:

Chris

Back