Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for coming along, and and for the sun for shining on us again!

Also a huge thanks to my co organisers who without, this couldn't happen.

A big thanks to Chris from Boab, who very kindly donated the prize, bloody good one too!

Just gotta check dates and will confirm soon for the autumn meet, it will be sept 29 or 6 oct. just got some horsey stuff to check!

Everything packed away, apart from punches 3 and 16, any ideas ? Ian hid them too well, and kind of forgot their whereabouts! :lol:

Cheers all, :thumbup:

Hmm, has he looked in his pocket? :whistle:

Chris

Echo everyone elses thanks. Great weekend indeed. :thumbup: Some photo's to follow once I upload them

Not long got back after dropping the truck off at work. Phoned RAC at 1.45 and told them about the broken chassis, they were very quick to send a patrol van to confirm what I had said :doh: and then took til 6.20 to get me on a wagon :evil: . Stern letter tomorrow and the fleet insurance shall have to be changed to a provider that uses green flag. I will share some pics when I uncover the extent of the damage... don't think I'll be dragging any machinery up bumpy fields for a month or so.

Big thanks to Dave for letting me co-drive and piloting us to 1st place. Didn't know him before the weekend so made a great friend there. If i had found myself on the podium in my truck I'm sure you'd have all hated me anyway... All for the best really.

Massive thanks to the whole team for organising. I had so much fun at what has to be the best social meet going even without my own truck.

Looking forward to the next one -with a suitably strengthened chassis of course!

Obviously the punches were much too hard this year if the person who put them out can't find them!! :doh:

Very devious putting one in a cone on one of the starts to the extreme section, drove past it 6 times I think!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very devious putting one in a cone on one of the starts to the extreme section, drove past it 6 times I think!!!

That was me, ;) , Ian taught me well!!! :banana-dance:

Tony and Team Lincomb, once again an outstanding weekend. As Chris M rightly pointed out, I have earned my name as "Tippy Tippy, Sh***y Sh***y, Oh F**k so I must thank Jon W, Andrew P + Chris M as well as Ben for spotting for me/ standing on sliders and general encouragement and advice in getting around some parts over the weekend.

Don't think I'll ever be comfortable on side slopes and some cross axle terrain but fear is almost as good as the fun parts.......I think.

As usual, a great group of friendly and helpful folk. Tony, can you organise some more water in the bombholes for the next one :lol: My truck is going to take an age to clean.

Will post the few photos I have tomorrow. Mrs Trev is not buying the fact that a Muntjac diet mainly consists of caravan rear corners :oops:

Finally cheers to Chris for winching advice up the slope on the farm, one good deed deserves another :laughing-rollingyellow:

Well we haven't met Trevor, but I was that innocent passing motorist who stopped to help. And it happened just however you say it did. I saw everything.

Now it's 2 - 1

Chris

Thanks to Tony and the organising team, yet another great Lincomb under the belt :)
We took it very easy this time as my co-pilot is ill at the moment. We had to duck off early too :( so sorry didn't get to say bye. Had a great time (and managed to fit an actuator, fit a non-bent accelerator cable and test out the lockers!

Intercooler is the way to Olazz ;)

Great to see everyone :) :)

Many thanks to Tony and crew for organising a fantastic event. It takes a lot of time and effort to organise and it is greatly appreciated.

Hugh and I enjoyed the weekend. Hugh was really into looking for the punches and the letters and made sure we entered the special stages (we entered all except the waffle board one). I must say I was pretty impressed with how he handled the tyre pulling one and with his intructions in the blind fold driving one. Good going for a nine year old. He had a great time, and for me that is priceless :thumbup:

It was good to meet some old and new friends. Roll on the next one.

:thumbup: Thanks again to Tony, Ian and all the other people who made this a weekend to remember.

Not forgetting that innocent passing motorist who used his conveniently placed rear winch to pull me off a hill... :whistle:

Pics from Saturday

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

Jon Wildsmith said:
Pics from Saturday
IMG_2686.JPG

You know if someone didn't know better that camera angle almost makes me look a little stuck... :whistle:

Thanks all for a great weekend! Good weather and good company!

I'll upload some pics and video this evening ones I've sorted them out.

How to drive a log bridge:

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

How NOT to drive a log bridge:

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

The Result:

IMG_2661.JPG

Opps! :oops:

Back