Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Wow a nice wet Lincomb. As always pictures are great and feel that I missed out. All I have to show for the weekend is an empty wallet and a sore.... Head (Scarborough Stag do) I shall be there next time!

Jonnie

Just to add my thanks to Tony and Becks for hosting the event again and to Chris at BOAB for donating the prize.

Glad you all seem to have enjoyed it. As before feel free to PM Tony, Toby or myself if you think anything did not go as smoothly as you would have liked or if you have any ideas for anything we could do to make the next one even better.

We have noticed that the more physical special stages were not as popular as the others so will change things a bit for next time.

TonyS said:
. . . apart from punches 3 and 16, any ideas ? Ian hid them too well, and kind of forgot their whereabouts!
:oops: I do seem to recall that Tony lost one of last years easy ones, so only losing two this year is not that bad :lol:

And yes I have checked my pockets.

Ian

Thanks to Tony, Ian and the rest of the team for a cracking weekend.

A first for me so it was nice to meet all the members and look at all the trucks,thanks to steve to pair up with me for the blind driving. It was nice to put the faces to the names and meet the members who are totally dedicated to their trucks.It was awesome to watch what this vehicles are capable of,even in a totally std. form.(mine)

Thanks once again hopefully i'll come more prepared to the next one.

ram

p.s did any body come across my passenger side step which i seem to have lost somewhere on the course.

ram said:
did any body come across my passenger side step which i seem to have lost somewhere on the course.
Hi Ram,

Glad you enjoyed it. I think your step has been found. I'm sure Tony will be along soon to confirm.

Ian

We mentioned your sidestep Ram at the prize giving. Tony straight away said he was sure it was leaning up against a fence post just as you enter the wood before where special stage 2 and 5 were.

Speaking of lost and found. Did someone lose a shackle? We found one. I am not going to say where and what type as there will be a sudden rush of people who lost exactly that, exactly there :lol: :lol:

If you did, contact me and we shall either arrange to get it to you somehow, or if not then I'll buy it off you perhaps and stick it in my box and you can get another without the hassle. So I need a rough location and a description really.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
Speaking of lost and found. Did someone lose a shackle?:
Ah yes that'll be mine :shifty: Is it made of metal kind of U/D shaped with a large threaded pin at one end? I lost it at Lincomb :mrgreen: I'll PM you my address :)

Tony, Ian and the team at Lincomb, fantastic job, well done – Thank you .

It was a really enjoyable weekend.

It was great meeting an interesting, friendly group of people that love playing in the mud.

Ian Rubie said:
ram said:
did any body come across my passenger side step which i seem to have lost somewhere on the course.
Hi Ram,

Glad you enjoyed it. I think your step has been found. I'm sure Tony will be along soon to confirm.

Ian

Hi Ram,

I am sure I noticed it, will drive up and fetch it later. Maybe time for rock sliders! ;)

Cheers,

Chris, that could possibly be my shackle. Would have been either halfway up the hill on the right on the farm or at the top on left where I had my recovery straps out. Should be yellow paint on it IIRC.

Bugger that's going to be 3 - 1 then ;)

Could also be mine. Was it on the hill? It was a silver one with mud on it.

Steady, steady guys, its probably MINE, as so many people borrowed stuff from my truck; of course I haven't missed it yet!

Just a big thank you from Patricia and myself for a great weekend. It was our 1st Lincolm weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time we will come armed with MUD so will get into the spirit of the off road competition. Also meeting quite a few forum members to whom I have spoken but not met was a pleasure.

Thanks again

Andy :thumbup:

Are you sure that shackle Chris found wasn't yours though Andy....

Speaking of lost and found, I lost my snorkel grill and after a process of elimination looking at my photos I think it probably "bounced" off in the straight section of the swamp by the river. Long shot I know but......well.......anyone?

bow_shackle.jpg

;)

Speaking of lost and found, I lost most of my pride on the Saturday morning before we started. Might be somewhere blowing round the camp field...

Yep, that's the one I lost............. :shifty: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back