Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Gav Peter said:
Looking good chaps :mrgreen:
Hi Gav,
Just for you as promised, a big thumbs up from around the camp fire at Loncomb, hope your thumb can still do this :thumbup:

Gav2.jpg

I didn't dare attempt THE WOODS in the Lexus even though I was encouraged to by Ian R and others, I think they just wanted to see me stuck somewhere :lol:
Oh yes, and a big thank you to TonyS and family and helpers for the lovely Hog Roast. :thumbup:

Damn it ! Wish I was there, I misss my truck so much more than I do the X wife :sick:

Looking fwd to the pics !

Saw "your" (Pete's) truck yesterday and like many of the others, it looked even better in the flesh. :cool:

I'm now thinking of ways to wash off all the Lincomb red [strike:j1h7idnn]concrete[/strike:j1h7idnn] clay off the truck - the current hosepipe ban doesn't help. :evil:

May just wait till tomorrow, forecast is for rain, and take it for a leisurely drive through a few puddles.

If its any consolation, I reckon its the best vehicle I've ever owned - that includes Mrs.Wobblys new Disco (she hates me calling her that.....)

When does booking start for 2014?

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
just got home. :)

that was a great weekend as always. :thumbup:

just wish i could have been there all weekend. :(

huge thanks to Tony and all the people who helped run things, you all did an excellent job as always. :clap:

was nice to see so many 70's there, there was 6 at one point. :clap:

hopefully stick a few pics and vids up shortly. ;)

Good man Ben. I knew I could rely on you for pics & vids

How did your quiz go?

:thumbup:

not too great i dont think mate. :(

reading and listening wasnt too bad, but i dont think i did very well in the writing and speaking exams. :thumbdown:

got to wait 2 weeks now for the results, so fingers crossed. :pray:

Lincomb was a great way to take my mind off it though. :dance:

shame you couldnt make it. :cry:

was nice to put a few names to faces and meet some new people. :thumbup:

Thanks again to Tony, Becky and all the organizers and assistants - a great weekend as always!
weather was awesome, although a little brisk in the evenings. Course was surprisingly slippery but my kids enjoyed the sliding around :lol:

We got home about an hour ago - hope everyone else had an uneventful run home :thumbup: Apologies to those I did not get to say good-bye to, particularly Tony - I did see Becky when we were leaving and asked her to pass on our good-byes.

Cheers,

My first Lincomb visit. Had a great, albeit short weekend and the truck came home in one piece with no damage.
Was nice to put some faces to names at last.

Matt what speed did you pass us at?. Think I need an intercooler buddy!!!

Well what an awesome weekend! :thumbup: Amazing event, awesome people, really nice selection of vehicles, and a fantastic venue and organisation team. Big thanks to everyone, you all made my first Lincomb one to remember. Great to finally put faces to names. Still cant belive we managed to win though, massive respect goes to Mike for his excellent co-driver skills, without him it deffinately would not have been possible and a massive thanks to BOAB for the Braii. :clap:

Anyway Ill shut up and post some pictures, sorry I havent got any action shots but I was too busy being part of the action! :dance:

P5136452.jpg

P5136454.jpg

P5136456.jpg

P5136457.jpg

Muddy truck back home with the trophy, need to start chisseling the Lincomb conctrete off now!
P5136459.jpg

Thanks again to everyone, especially Tony and his team, for a great weekend. :clap:

Just got home, great weekend even though I got covered in ATF... Do we have a pic of the I$*&u cracked chassis? :mrgreen:

Here is the punch where I managed to burst a hydraulic hose that goes to the winch without even using the winch... Lost power steering but was up and running again soon after I bypassed the winch.
P1000035.JPG

Action shot of Jim trying to get through the smaller bog that bypasses Ian's favourite 4 foot bog near the river
P1000045.JPG

The hill that caught most people out, even 37 Simex type tyres could not help you here going up. Unfortunately I only found out after spending 1 hour getting winched out buy Trevor, Chris and coordinator Jon. Thanks for the help guys :thumbup:
P1000067.JPG

What were you doing Mike?
P1000082.JPG

The hill from below after I got down safely
P1000087.JPG
#

Will post videos soon.

Thanks for putting on another great weekend guys :thumbup:

Looking forward to next one already. October 6 and 7. :thumbup:

Had a blast as usual. Great co-driving from Marius. Bummer that in the first 10 seconds of arriving my best bottle of Pinotage slipped out, hit the rock slider and didn't bounce.

No damage to speak of. Conditions were very very hard on Saturday even for my tank tracks, but as it dried out, the grip came in spades. Eventually I did drive up everything except Rubie Hill which looked do-able today in my view. The truck monstered the rock steps on Saturday.Trickier on Sunday as they'd been dug out with people trying. Not wishing to go home on a tow truck, I took the bypass route. One punch appeared a little trickier than most so ended up cutting the tree down, leaving the trunk and punch in the bumper. Seriously. I did put it back, honest :eusa-liar:

Great craic as usual, super food, loads of exchanges going on, the odd drinky and fantastic weather. If you haven't been then you won't know what you are missing.

Thanks to all the team who laid it on. Too many to mention, but obviously to Tony for hosting us once again.

Chris

pics. ;)

got to Lincomb about 4pm on Saturday. set the tent up, had a quick drive around the woods, lit the pig and cooked fried egg sandwiches, then spent the night drinking beer around the fire. :cool:

so sunday morning.

P5130001.jpg

lit the pig.

P5130002.jpg

boiled the kettle first for a brew.

P5130003.jpg

P5130004.jpg

sausages next.

P5130006.jpg

followed by the eggs.

P5130007.jpg

sausage and egg sandwiches eaten, i fitted Trevors newly acquired roof rack onto his 70 for him.

P5130008.jpg

and then it was off to the woods for a play! :dance:

was struggling to get up the bottom set of rock steps, last time i walked it, even though i only had a rear locker.

P5130009.jpg

Chris then proceeded to drive straight up in his 80! :clap:

P5130010.jpg

Chris struggled a little getting up the top set of rock steps, where as mine went straight up. and i struggled on the bottom set and Chris went straight up.

it shows that in some situations a LWB is better than a SWB and vice versa. :think:

this is me driving the top set of rock steps. :thumbup:

(video doesnt really show how extreme it is. :thumbdown: )

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]YMpilLO7P2g[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]P91fHVzbxxY[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

P5130011.jpg

P5130012.jpg

P5130013.jpg

P5130017.jpg

P5130015.jpg

P5130020.jpg

when i saw this sign i knew i had to drive it! :twisted:

P5130027.jpg

so i drove into this new extreme section and got quite stuck. :roll:

P5130023.jpg

was hung up on a tree stump.

P5130024.jpg

P5130025.jpg

decided getting winched out backwards would be the best solution.

P5130026.jpg

i then drove a little bit further before getting stuck again! :lol:

P5130029.jpg

i wasnt sure how deep the water was, but no one had driven it all weekend. stuck the nose in to test the depth and realised it was 4foot deep. decided to reverse out rather than risk getting stuck in filthy water that would have been halfway up the doors, and realised i was stuck solid. :doh:

quick shout over to Trevor, and he was soon behind me winching my 70 out. :clap:

P5130030.jpg

P5130032.jpg

P5130033.jpg

P5130035.jpg

P5130036.jpg

P5130037.jpg

3 x 3litre SWB 70's. :cool:

P5130041.jpg

P5130042.jpg

more 3 wheel action! :twisted:

P5130043.jpg

P5130044.jpg

P5130045.jpg

few more vids. :thumbup:

on 3 wheels again.

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]8FqchI_sE28[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]GNNlmpsxdOY[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

would have rolled it here if the bank hadnt been there. :shock:

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]-cMwlyoXMMs[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

[youtube:2u8lbrzt]ofMdVRncDDA[/youtube:2u8lbrzt]

truck performed brilliantly and is in one piece without any damage! :thumbup:

congratulations on your win Dave. :clap:

cant wait for the next one if im still in the UK. :D

EDIT. dont know why that second to last vid isnt working. :doh:

heres the link. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMwlyoXMMs

{Admin - link fixed, Ben ;) }

Thanks to everyone for organising and putting on a great weekend for us again.

First time i have managed to drive there and back without a stop due to something going wrong with my truck :thumbup:

I did regret not going in a truck that i could drive around in properly though :thumbdown: i kept a sensible head on and didnt get drawn into having fun and damage.

Thanks again to everyone :thumbup:

PS... Loved seeing (The Pig) in action :D

Some videos:

[youtube:3owxut36]qGHy_CkHxAs[/youtube:3owxut36]

[youtube:3owxut36]bSluTdNCokQ[/youtube:3owxut36]

[youtube:3owxut36]oSU4f1jhU_g[/youtube:3owxut36]

Just got home after an absolutely fantastic weekend. A huge thank you to Tony, Becks and team for another superbly organised event. Had a fantastic time with 'Tippy Tippy, Shitty, Shitty oh fuck' Trevor and was great to see everyone again and a few new faces. Big congrats to Dave for winning on his first Lincolm and his co driver Mike. Oct already booked in on the calendar, looking forward to it already.

looks like a good time was Had by all

pleased that the weather dried up for you and allowed it all to happen

enjoying the photos and reports - keep them coming

Britpig looks great Ben :thumbup:

Back