Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Which is going to be the better day to pop round for the day to watch and drop off and pick up a few bits??

Is the punch challenge both days or just the one?

Ben said:
Hi Tony,

cant see my name on the list so just wondering if youve received my cheque? :)

Hi Ben,

Just gone thru post, No cheque as yet. Let you know tomorrow.

Cheers,

warrenpfo said:
Which is going to be the better day to pop round for the day to watch and drop off and pick up a few bits??

The puch course will be open all day Saturday and Sunday morning. This means people could be almost anywhere on the farm. We also have special stages running at the same time. If you have the time I would say come Saturday and stay for supper.

Cheers

Ian

warrenpfo said:

Saturday will be the best day, more going on, though still got Sunday morning challenges too. :thumbup:

Bring a tent and stay for sat night and supper as well.

Would love to stay but with a 3 month old the wife has given me strict instructions to return home. So much so that she might even come along to make sure I return.

Looks like Saturday is the day then. Ian happy to make a contribution if need be for coming along to visit.

See you all on Saturday, Karl will bring your rims.

If my truck is running again, we will come up on Saturday.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
warrenpfo said:
Looks like Saturday is the day then. Ian happy to make a contribution if need be for coming along to visit.

You only need to pay if you are taking your vehicle round the course or having supper, just watching is free :thumbup:

Cheers

Ian

fridayman said:
If my truck is running again, we will come up on Saturday.
Hi,

Will be good to meet again. If you do make it up, are you planning on taking part or just watching? Camping or just a day trip?

Cheers

Ian

We were hoping to camp but not sure about taking part with the little one coming along.

There are plenty of gentle tracks around the woods and farm, you should be OK on most of the [strike:12hfqjo2]games[/strike:12hfqjo2] special stages as well. As always with this event, you can do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with and the more extreme sections of the course will have a bypass route.

Cheers

Ian

Not going to be able to make this one. Pity. Hope you all have a fun time!

warrenpfo said:
Would love to stay but with a 3 month old the wife has given me strict instructions to return home. So much so that she might even come along to make sure I return.

See you all on Saturday, Karl will bring your rims.

Goes without saying mate :thumbup:

Well I have finally settled the position with SWDMN. The family are NOT coming. The Wife's arm is not in plaster; the op was cancelled on the day but the boy has exams on the Monday. I have been coming all along. Full show, Friday at Gin O'clock to last orders Sunday as every year. I think it will be quicker to bring my cheque with me.

Counting down.

Chris

Ian Rubie said:
.....The confirmed entry list is looking very small still.

As one of those who help Tony organise the weekend I would welcome public or private feedback from those who expressed interest in the event but have chosen not to attend. Is it the cost, weather doubts, event format etc etc?

Cheers

Ian
Ian, I wish I was in a position to add to the numbers, but as I posted earlier in the thread...
Scott said:
......I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make the next one, unfortunately I'm on shift that weekend.....
....the dates just don't work for me :cry:

I personally think that the event goes from strength to strength, and improves every time. The punch challenge and special stages mean that there's stuff to keep everybody entertained.

For any newbies that may be reading, don't let the words "punch challenge" & "special stages" scare you, I have a tidy 80 and with careful driving it can do 80-90% of the routes Lincomb. Plus as Ian says, no one has to drive anything that they don't want to, and all tricky bits have a bypass.

The marque for covered dinning was a great addition last time, along with all the seating, and the food was absolutely gorgeous!

I think that the only way it could be improved would be if you could gaurantee good weather, and perhaps put our tents up and down for us! (Ok, the tent bit was a joke). Seriously, the guys and girls that put their time and effort into the event do a fantastic job :clap: :clap: :clap: I don't think that there's much more they can do.

I hope the weather is kind, you have a good turnout, and that everybody has a great time.

Fingers crossed I can make the next one. :pray:

Unfortunately I won't have my 80, but I will be coming up for the Saturday only in the Lexus, perhaps Tony can arrange for some wet grass as I think that's all it could cope with :lol:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your comments.
Scott said:
the dates just don't work for me :cry:
Sorry to hear that, how soon will you know your Autumn shift pattern ;)

Cheers

Ian

fridayman said:
We were hoping to camp but not sure about taking part with the little one coming along.
Et, bring the laaitie along - I am bringing my two. Having kids in the car does help avoid damage as you think twice about taking on anything risky :lol: In my case, the kids are generally encouraging me to go for it though :doh:
George Mcdonald will probably be bringing his two kids as well, so there'll be a good turn-out in the junior cruiser club ranks. I imagine there will be a few older kids around too - TonyP, Steven, Reinhard? (are you bringing your kids - not saying you ARE big kids :whistle: )

For anyone considering coming for the 1st time - please do come. Do NOT feel intimidated or pressured to risk your cherished LC on challenging obstacles. If you'd rather have a recce first with someone else in their vehicle, there will be plenty of guys there only too happy to give you a quick tour (including me). There is no shame or sensitivity from any of the group for anyone to take any silly risks.

It really is a lot of fun and you will be surprised by how capable your vehicle is, even in standard form.

Just filled out my form Tony so stick me down for a spot from Friday night onwards dude - probably do a Chris & hand you the bunce on the day though if that's ok... :shifty:

Have you cut that blummin tree down that attacked Muxley yet??? :twisted:

:cool:

Cheers chaps

Gav Peter said:
Have you cut that blummin tree down that attacked Muxley yet???
Last I heard he was busy planting more to replace the ones you knocked down :lol:

Back