Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Andrew Prince said:
A few names don't seem to be on the list of attendees? Crispin, Lorin, Olazz, Sam, Karl, Dave, Stef? You guys not coming?
I'll be there, but just for Saturday,
PS to Tony
Can you make sure the grass is dry, I don't think the Lexus can cope otherwise :lol:

I can't make it - tried and failed (just not enough time) :thumbdown:

Will do one day though - want to put faces to names... assuming you have all got terrestrial form? ... not just a collection of ethereal wisps of knowledgeable energy floating about in cruisers? :lol:

We're all human. Some of us could not float in a vat of mercury though...

Been busy with it most of the day here :(

Trevor! DANCE BABY DANCE!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was only a sprinkle, the ground is bone dry again here :thumbup:

Well if anyone needs any water bringing from Derbyshire, let me know and I'll line up some tankers. We have nothing else here. In fact it's beginning to for a new island. Even the ditches at the side of the road are full. There simply isn't anywhere left for it all to run.

Chris

hi anybody from anywhere around london driving up tomorow?

might be a good idea to convoy up.

ram

Chris said:
Well if anyone needs any water bringing from Derbyshire, let me know and I'll line up some tankers. We have nothing else here. In fact it's beginning to for a new island. Even the ditches at the side of the road are full. There simply isn't anywhere left for it all to run.

Chris

Same down this end of the country has not stopped all day. But the truck is all packed the fridge is chilling down ready to receive the goodies.......can't wait to hit the road and head north and get some sunshine...

Steve

BlackWidow said:
....can't wait to hit the road and head north and get some sunshine...
Steve

Now, that's something you don't hear often! ;)

No dancing today, was trying to figure out how to put a 6" lift on the caravan and armbands just in case it got a bit soggy loik :D

It's stopped raining, lovely evening, wind blowing.

Have driven the river drive, aok, even the rock crawl, and winched up the steep climb at our far boundary. Will have an easier option, but whilst winching made me think, "good job it's well serviced," so as its quite a tough winch climb, and there will be a few, please check all cables/rope before pulling yourself or others up a slippery slope, as the truck will slide backwards.

Poles in place to build bridge, here's to a great weekend. :thumbup:

Trailer loaded. BFGs on and 37's in the trailer. Most of the electrics sorted. Just the drawers to collect tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. Can't foresee any disasters. I know, I know. But there really isn't anything technical to do. Then off to Tesco, fuel up, grab some food and last minute booze.

Ahh, relaxing already.

Chris

Busy getting organised here - wet weather gear, whisky, tank of fuel...oh and a blanket for the wife n kids to share :lol:

ram said:
hi anybody from anywhere around london driving up tomorow?

might be a good idea to convoy up.
ram
Check your PM ;)

So pleased its still going ahead. Off to buy booze in a min, pack car up then sleep before driving to Trevors house to drive his 70 up, can't wait!!! Brushing up on my bridge building skills tonight as well!!

Arriving on Saturday, what time is everything due to kickoff, would hate to miss the days activities. Camera loaded and a spare pair of clothes so that i can lend a hand.

For those not in a 4x4 is there a best place to park?

Back