Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

hi Shane
I can take to Bristol if need be. I do go to devon a lot but normally north part.
stu

hi Shane
I can take to Bristol if need be. I do go to devon a lot but normally north part.
stu

Cheers Stumog that would get them the right side of the river , i will see if i get any more replies before i phone the buyer ok .

May as well be cheeky and ask if anyone can get hold of a 120mm long M12 bolt with a fine thread (wheel nut fits on it) and bring it to Lincomb for me . It's only to hold spare wheel cover on but its proving a bugger to find one .

all the best finding that one. Why not buy something with a long shank and tap it to the correct thread?
stu

I have an aversion to buying tools i will never use again . I have here a 120mm bolt with to big a thread and an 80mm fine thread . Could cut and splice them i guess as i still have the welder i borrowed . Do you really think it's worth the mucking about though , surely a fiver will buy a bolt that fits from somewhere ?

Its just a case of finding somebody with the one you need. I had to make mine to do the top of my nato hitch on the cross member. If you find a bolt I can tap it in work for you. I am in south wales a fair bit or could post it back? does it need to have a wheel nut on it?
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the offer but i'm sure i can get one online somewhere , its just annoying to be missing something when i arrive at Lincomb especially as my truck has no mods to show off and the only real interest it gets is because of the way it looks .

How long do you need the thread to be? I can probably make you one from a long course bolt with the end cut off and a fine thread cut on what's left. Don't say all threaded that'll take too long!

20mm on the end would be fine but the bolt or even the wheel cover is purely a cosmetic consideration and nothing to worry about . Mind you a tapping set would be handy to remove a broken grease nipple on my shaft if your bringing it .

Shayne, have you tried your local agricultural and accessory supplier? These places are brilliant for these sorts of things.

Trev i'm from the Isle of Man but now live near Cardiff . On that little Island if i want something , anything , i simply go and get it . Here it seems impossible to find anything i spent 3 hours the other day driving around looking for someone to sell me a bit of angle iron without success and ended up climbing into skip at the local amenity site to salvage an old bed frame .

I tried the local motor factor place (LDS) , Screwfix , Halfords and even a little local metal fabricators place asking about a bolt , nobody could even offer suggestions of where to try next .

It doesn't help living in Wales without having a Welsh accent .

20mm on the end would be fine but the bolt or even the wheel cover is purely a cosmetic consideration and nothing to worry about . Mind you a tapping set would be handy to remove a broken grease nipple on my shaft if your bringing it .
I don't have a tapping set as such, just a drawer full over various taps and dies, but I'll try and do you that bolt and bring it with me.

Little Bro p****d me off today...Called him earlier and after a bit of a chat he said "1 more sleeps to Lincomb."

Lucky git it is only one more for him---work tonight---sleep tomorrow day---work Thursday night---then LINCOMB

2 for the rest of us though

Hi guys,

Got a load of wood in the field, if anyone has a saw and an axe and wants to be a firestarter, bring it along.

After three weeks without any rain, looks like the change is starting tomorrow!!

Cheers.

Hey Tony

Only got Oiley through his MOT yesterday; no problems, just a busy MOT man... Anyhoo, am I ok to rock up for the weekend? Room for a small one??

Unfortunately I won't be doing much driving as Oiley's front diff needs a look at so if I'm able to find a corner to park in, I'll spend the weekend whipping it out for JW to have a look at...

No worries about food - I know you'll have your numbers (or the scouts will) worked out - I'll bring beer ;-D

Hopefully the rain won't hang around all weekend...

Cheers dawg
Gav

Last edited:
You haven't seen how much he can scoff!

All set for tomorrow, :thumbup: vehicle checks done, fridge and microwave working, just need to pack a few essentials, beer, clothes, milk, cereal and did I mention some beer? :lol:

Back