Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

Sat on the M1 half way there. Waiting for aa man as front diff has gone BANG. Big thanks to tony for letting me have a replacement one sent to the farm tomorrow. No idea what time we will be turning up. Hopefully sooner rather than later

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
:icon-cry:

Organized as i am i've just realized i've got no tow strap nor even a tyre inflator , does anyone sell this stuff at Lincomb ? Helen's running around like a headless chicken trying to pack for immigration to another planet whereas i will grab a couple of pairs of jeans and t-shirts and head off for a few months safe in the knowledge i will find what i need when i need it .

No doubt about it though we will be arriving the least prepared anyone could be as neither of us has camped since we were kids , i hope we arrive home with a huge shopping list for things we will need next time coz that means Helen enjoyed it and with the bosses approval i can get all sorts :lol:

Sat on the M1 half way there. Waiting for aa man as front diff has gone BANG. Big thanks to tony for letting me have a replacement one sent to the farm tomorrow. No idea what time we will be turning up. Hopefully sooner rather than later

Bugger!
Your missus did have that 'I wonder what he'll break this time' look on here face :shifty:

Last edited:
WTF???? Front diff?

Right, plenty of tools and expertise. Sure we can find a dry shed and crack on. Sure we have plenty of tools. I can throw my oil pump in. Much easier to get the precious liquid in that way. Got an oil drain pan in the car too. Got snap ring pliers. etc etc. Anything else you especially need? Anything Milner wise? I can get there and buy seals etc

Shayne - got plenty of compressors with us. Don't worry about air etc. Just get there.

Shayne
all you need to bring is enough beer and it all goes away!!

Cheers Chris , just thinking about the other Chris won't the AA send a lorry and deliver him and his truck to Lincomb , seems that's all they ever do on top gear , do the AA know its a recovery not a roadside repair they are attending ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They always send a van now. It's their policy to check out each recovery like this. They get people buying cars at auction then get the AA etc to deliver them home. Once they have evaluated the situation they'll send a flat bedThey can do a recovery to home or an onward journey. Looks like early beer sesh then mate. No driving to do.

The problem with the AA is that they're set up to deal with the lowest common denominator - those that know nothing about their car, and like any big organisation it's difficult to deviate from the set process. They have to send a patrol first to assess, regardless of whether you know what the problem is and that they can't fix it by the roadside.

The only time I managed to get around this was when my V8 Merc shredded its aux belt, and I managed to get the patrol guy to pick up the right belt beforehand...did have to get rather insistent with the lady on the phone though.

Phone em back and say your a journalist and you might find they are much more helpful .

Pm sent Chris.

Pita really. Local recovery company coming to take us 10 mile down the road. Will probably then have to wait an hour for a patrol to come out. Then another god knows how long for a flatbed. Time to crack a tinny I think

Just north of nottingham

Chris Im not leaving my house til about 2:30, is there anything tools wise you dont have that I could bring? Or I could pop to Rough Trax for parts if you need anything?

No worries Chris, if you had been nr J31 could have run you out owt you needed. See ya tomorrow.

Andy

Not good chris Green...

is it crunching away? normally they fail when offroading not on motorway :icon-cry:

hummm - you are returning to lincomb the way you got home last time - on an AA truck :wtf:

Hope you get all sorted out - there will be plenty of good mechanics and advisors at Limcomb

Thanks for all the help and sympathy guys. Just at trowll services waiting for a second truck which should deliver us to Lincomb.

Not raining here now, just getting set up

Back