Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Sand? What sand? I havnt seen any sand. :shifty:

:lol:

Thanks Steven. :icon-biggrin:

Ive got my medical examination tomorrow with disease tests and chest x-ray. :|

I just hope they dont find anything wrong with me that could affect my VISA. :pray:

Once thats done, and providing i pass, im just waiting for my police certificate to come back. Then its just a waiting game then for the department of immigration to look through all the forms and send me a VISA! :icon-cool:
If they find sand in your chest, you could always explain that one away with the pictures here, he he he he

Gra.

If they find sand in your chest, you could always explain that one away with the pictures here, he he he he

Gra.

There you go Ben, check your filters before you go for your X-Ray.

Just got home.

Wasnt too bad really. :dance:

Got to keep all my clothes on, and they also had excellent hot drinks and biscuits. :icon-biggrin:

Nurse checked blood pressure, urine sample to test for diabetes, took a blood sample to test for HIV and hepatitis, and an eye sight test.

Then doctor gave me a quick check over, listened to my chest, looked in my eyes and ears.

Then an x-ray stood in front of a machine.

Was only in there an hour. :icon-cool:

So I shouldn't have to hand over anymore money now or fill in any more forms. :dance:

Just got to wait a week until the doctor checks the x-ray and HIV result. If everything's OK he will send the paper work off to OZ. :pray:

What a bummer if your HIV test came back positive XD (Or is that negative? Depends on how you see it...)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What a bummer if your HIV test came back positive XD (Or is that negative? Depends on how you see it...)

I will be seriously pissed off if that happens! :icon-evil:

Will have wasted 7K trying to get a visa, my dream of moving to OZ will be over, and I will have just been diagnosed with a terminal disease! :?

Im sure the test will come back negative though. :pray:

I did spot you this morning on the A41. :)

Was I in my truck or my van?

I see lorries from your company everyday on the A41, but its difficult to see if your driving when passing at 60mph. :icon-smile:

Left for work at 7.20AM this morning and got there at 7.25AM.

Then finished work at 12.00PM and got home at 12.05PM. :icon-wink:

You sure you got your time right? :think:

Think so, I started from Saltley (in Brum) at 6-15. It was along the straight heading towards Newport. I am sure it was you. I don't think there's another like yours?

Only other tricked up yota around here is my mates hi-lux. :icon-cool:

PICT0130.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

Think im going to have to pull the front diff out tomorrow. :icon-cry:

The front locker was working fine the other day, then tonight it wouldnt engage. The compressor just kept running and diff oil could be smelt from the axle breather running up the snorkel.

Its the same symptoms as when the air line became unattached inside the rear diff. :doh:

wouldn't you expect to smell diff oil on an axle breather? :whistle: have you listened for air leaks? Might get lucky and it just be the solenoid on the compressor or another joint?

Yeah good point John. :oops:

I guess I didnt explain properly. What I should have said was that I can smelll diff oil and hear it bubbling out the end of the breather pipe. :doh:

Woke up this morning and immediately thought what could be the problem. The 2 air lines run behind the fuel filter housing, bracket. I removed and refitted the bracket the other night, so maybe i trapped and split the air line. :think:

Thats the only thing I can think ive done, and like I said the locker worked perfectly the other night. :icon-smile:

Lets hope its a nice easy fix like that. :pray:

not looking good. :icon-cry:

Is it too early to have a beer? :obscene-drinkingdr:

One of my favourite inventions. :icon-biggrin:

Old oven tray, with an old speaker magnet stuck on the bottom. Make perfect part trays when doing work on the truck. Having 2 is useful as I can have one for each side of the truck and the parts dont get mixed up. :icon-cool:

SAM_1173.jpg

SAM_1175.jpg

SAM_1177.jpg

Drained the oil which looked a bit black. :icon-rolleyes:

SAM_1178.jpg

SAM_1182.jpg

Shaft out and shaft and CV looked fine. Must be the other side then? :think:

SAM_1183.jpg

SAM_1184.jpg

Other side also fine. Must be the diff then. :icon-rolleyes:

SAM_1185.jpg

23 teeth sheared off, and one copper air line severed. :icon-evil:

SAM_1186.jpg

SAM_1187.jpg

SAM_1188.jpg

Looks like the pinnion has been grinding away at the ARB centre for a while. :icon-cry:

Maybe it should have been ground down a bit to give it more clearance as per the ARB instructions? :think:

SAM_1189.jpg

Need to strip and clean everything to fully assess the damage. :|

Just hope the locker isnt f****d! :pray:

5 days and counting till the laning trip im organising. I cant let the other 8 guys down so I best get the damm thing fixed! :thumbup:

23 teeth - thats a lot of teeth damaged!!

at least you now what it is and can get on and fix it.

that bomb hole did a lot of damage in the end.

bloody hell Ben...not good mate. It's gonna take something else to sort that out in time...but knowing you, you will probably manage it in time (working your usual 26 hour days!!!!!:icon-biggrin:) Is there anything anybody can do to help?:think:

damn not good, may be worth fitting a solid pinion spacer rather than the crush one? a popluar conversion over in the us of a

Thanks guys. :icon-smile:

Its going to take a miracle to get this fixed before Friday. Rebuilding it isnt the problem its getting the diff/axle.

Just spent 3 hours and £30 on fuel getting to Karls, only to find the axle he has is off a 3litre and not a 2.4, so wrong ratio. :doh:

If anyone reading this has or knows where I may be able to buy a front diff, please get in touch. :pray:

Few pics of the damage. :icon-cry:

These are some of the bits I picked out of the axle casing.

SAM_1190.jpg

Damaged crown wheel.

SAM_1191.jpg

SAM_1192.jpg

SAM_1193.jpg

SAM_1194.jpg

Im going to call Devon 4x4 tomorrow and find out how much a new one of these is.

SAM_1195.jpg

If they want more then £40 then I will try and buy some new copper pipe and have a go at brazing a new piece on.

When I build the locker into the new diff, I will grind the end of the pinion to prevent it doing more damage to the ARB centre.

SAM_1197.jpg

SAM_1196.jpg

Today really hasnt been a good day. :icon-cry:

Back