Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Keep your chin up Ben. Tough times.

Roger is a fund of good knowledge but he's no diplomat! Someone on another forum said he could start a fight on his own in a locked room with one hand tied behind his back, but my friends tell me he's a really helpful guy in the flesh. Pity he's on the wrong side of the World!

Pax, Roger. Didn't mean it . . . :whistle:

Sorry to hear about your Dad Ben, at least he has seen you achieve your dream of moving to Oz :clap:

I've shipped a few things to Oz, express, probably about £45 to ship something like that bit of casing from the UK and sent on a Thursday will reach most places in Oz by the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I know you like to be thrifty but when all is said and done it might save a lot of messing about if you can find one in the UK.

It's took me more than once to learn my lesson plenty of times :lol:

My condolences Ben.

Please don't even think of not updating this thread any further :D

Sorry to hear of your dads passing Ben my thought are with you and the rest of your family.

Perhaps the work on LJ will help keep your mind on other things. If there is anything that can/needs to be done this side then do shout.

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys, much appreciated. :thumbup:

John, thanks for the rough estimate on postage price for the transfercase bit I need. :icon-biggrin:

Karl doesnt think hes got any transfer boxes left, so I will start contacting UK 70 breakers through ebay. :think:

I've ordered the new ring and pinion today, thats coming from this place:-

http://www.marks4wd.com/

There only 40mins up the road so I've arranged to leave work early on Monday and go and collect the ring and pinion. I want to take the old ones with me to compare. :think:

This Saturday I'm hoping to go to ARB head quarters and have a look in the shop. I'm also going to see how much they want to fit the new ring and pinion and air locker up into the diff for me. :icon-cool:

Ben, sorry to hear about your dad.

As for breaking your LC.... well we have all been there before in one way or another. I'm sure you will get it sorted, after all that's what this thread is all about, your life experiences.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ben for parts let me know; I'm bringing a load of stuff out with me in early June, so might be able to sneak something small in. I'm using TransGlobal who are about £425 for a 110kg-ish consignment of 5 boxes, and that's a 5 day service to Aus.

Have a look on ParceltoGo and MyParcelDelivery they have international options as well.

Sorry to hear about your Dad; It's one of the things I'm dreading when I'm in Aus... I've got a couple of Grandparents who are in not the greatest health, and when we were over before GF lost her G'mother, G'father and Aunt in about a 6 month period! In some ways it was easier I think because she didn't have to do the mission of the funeral etc, instead she could focus on what she was doing and distract herself that way, but it was the inability to say goodbye properly. At the same time because we didn't see them at their worst we only have good memories of them, instead of them being the shell of the person they were at their best.

Hi Ben sorry to hear about your Dad, it must be tough being so far away. There will be plenty of support on here.

Andy

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad Ben, being so far away must have made it much harder to take.

I'm sure he must have been proud of his son and his achievements with LJ and your new life in Australia.

As for the criticisms here do your best and ignore them, like the old war-time saying ‘Keep calm and carry on’

I'm sure we all make mistakes the important thing is to learn by them.

Really sorry to hear about your Dad :icon-cry:

Sounds like you're going about repairing LJ in the right way btw... And if you're making mistakes - well it is your right to do so and the best way to learn!

Ben really sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope yourself and family are all OK during this difficult time.

My sincere condolences to you and your family Ben.

Back