Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners for service parts?

wobbly

Garage
Went into Halfords yesterday, tried to order oil filter, fuel filter and air filter for a 1KZT-E.

They quoted me about £60.00

On the Milners site, those three cost £11.50 plus p+p.

Can I trust the quality of the Milners parts? Thats a serious price difference.

Other option is Roughtrax in Bristol, similar to Milners.

I'm not paying £60 for Halfords parts, can get genuine Toyota for the same price!

Pete

Personally I would go genuine for filters every time. I have had a bad experience with a Milners oil filter in the past and found them to be poor quality pattern parts. However there are people who swear by them and use nothing else.

I go for genuine oil filters every time, small price to pay against oil failure & a rod sticking out the side of the block !!!!

i've used them without incident on all my 4x4's for the past few years, but this thread has caused me to worry about something else :roll:

fast but dim said:
i've used them without incident on all my 4x4's for the past few years, but this thread has caused me to worry about something else :roll:

same here. :thumbup:

my mate has done 40,000 miles in his hi-lux in the last few years, and has always used milners filters, and has never had a problem. :cool:

each to there own i guess. im certainly going to keep using them though :D !

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/

These guys do a Bosch oil filter for £7.14 deliverd which has to be better than the Boschi ones Milners sell. They also do branded fuel filters, although I do not recognise the brands you know exactly what you are buying.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks.

I have heard of Bosch, that site also stock japanparts and mikayo filters, but havent heard of them.

Think I will get a price from Mr T and also MIll Autos.

Pete

I normally use Bosch filter for the Oil and recently have changed to a genuine toyota fuel filter, as there is a big difference in filtration in the toyota one to the Bosch ones.

If you do low miles, then genuine stuff may be best.

I've got to speak to Simon again tomorrow, will ask him if he's done anything (I keep asking and he keeps saying it's on his list :pray: )

See the thread Rob posted, I've added a reply to that.

Hi crispin,

I did read that thread, but dont think they have a dealership down here?

Here's where I am......

I want to use genuine parts, cos I know they are the exact spec for the motor, I am, however, attracted by the much lower prices of the pattern parts.

My local dealership is quoting:

Oil filter (90915-30002/8T) £17.74
Fuel filter (23303-640101) £29.68
Air Filter (17801-67030/8T) £34.12

All plus vat.

Total comes to just under £100.00

Milners cost £11.00 plus p&p, so less than £20.00.

I want good value, not cheapest, but that is a serious difference.

Crispin - would be interested to hear what your man comes up with, if I can get genuine parts at a better price then that would be my ideal

Cheers

Pete

Just to add....if its the Snorbens dealership (just up the road from the comet roundabout possibly?) I can get them picked up and brought down by a mate.

Cheers

Pete

They have a number of dealers, check http://www.steveneagelltoyota.co.uk/ for dealers.
Regardless of that, he will ship stuff for not a lot of money. I was chatting to him today and he said there are some members in Scotland who are regulars. He's happy to send stuff by post.

Email him : [email protected]

"I was chatting to him today and he said there are some members in Scotland who are regulars"

I'm one of those guilty ones ;)

He's sent me some prices through, will update the thread with them shortly.

I had a chat with my lads boss, he uses Motaquip parts and rates them, motaquip themselves claim to manufacture to 'oem standards'.

Anyone used them and can comment?

Oil filter is £7.00
Fuel Filter is £7.00
Air filter was £15.00 (I think)

They also do brake pads and belts, so I can get pretty much all service bits in one brand from one online supplier.

Pete

Genuine parts from Eagells:

Oil filter £11.53
Fuel filter £20.78
Air filter £23.88
Fan belt £10.47
V-belt £6.83
Timing belt £27.22
Water pump £103.68

All plus vat.

These are for a kz-te, I guess Colorado and Prado are interchangeable.

Pete

Hi All,

I want to do a service next week and. Noticed this service kit from Milner for £52.80 + Delivery.

This is the spec:

Description
With 11L semi synthetic oil 10W 40 (with pre fuel filter fitted).

A Boshi (HONG KONG) brand filter kit. Comprising of 1x oil filter 1x fuel filter and 1x air filter. Includes 10w/40 semi synthetic engine oil (Fuchs Titan syn mc). \ \ N.B. Boshi are an ISO/TS16949 certified manufacturer.

Is this good value?

"Boshi" sounds like a copy cat of Bosh??!!

I reckon the dealer equivalent would be £150.00? What should I do?

Ed

Have a look on the recommended suppliers list for the friendly Toyota parts man Simon - you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Great advice, I contacted Simon and he's sending the kit out tomorrow! As you say he's super fast to respond!
Thanks again

Back