Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners.. What's the deal?

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Looking at the thread about Koyo bearings got me thinking. My 90 failed the DOE test on Friday (MOT equivalent but more comprehensive). So I've had to get a rear brake calliper and some good ol anti roll bar bushes. I've ordered them from Milners as they come in considerably cheaper than Mr.T and my local spurious supplier. So basically is their stuff decent, as in not as good as oem but good enough?

I put one of there rear brake calipers on mine last week the quality of the part seems good and had no problems so far
about 250miles, used there pads aswell. It stops alot better now.

ive spent close to a grand with them in the last few years. :o

Most parts seem OK. ;)

But I would never buy any more oil seals from them, or brake discs ever again. :eusa-naughty:

EDIT. just looked through my receipts and ive spent £1720 with them in the last 2 years. :puke-front:

Last edited:
Alot of things price wise you wont beat milner Bob. Does it always come down to cost ?? With most people It does. Forums are good for finding whats good or bad to buy at different places. As ben stated seals are a defo no no.Cost a fraction of genuine but you do the job two minuets after you finished it. Bearing wise who knows.We all have are own opinion and the likes of me paying more for them else where could be the ones loosing out. They are good lads down there and help where they can but there is a few different parts that really dont do them any favours.

Forgot to say..........................

The service ive always received has always been exceptional!

The parts have always arrived the very next day.

On the one occasion a wrong part was sent, the correct part was immediately sent out after i called them.

I bought an alternator from them, and 4 months later it packed up.

So i called them and they got another sent straight out, and arranged for the old one to be collected. :)

Cheers for the replies lads, Karl, I would ALWAYS have been a Mr.T genuine parts only guy. Anything that I've put on the truck up to now has been Toyota. But right now, cost has become an issue, (dropped €720 on 4 tyres last month, and saving for my wedding!) with cash running tight. Just wanted to find out if their callipers are of acceptable quality. (considering they're nearly half the cost)To be fair my truck has needed very little maintenance and always gets a good look over, plus it's tested every year, so haven't had to buy much for it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ive only heard good reports from people who have had calipers from them.

Cheers, appreciate the feedback.

Its on the way now, so ill be fitting it on Friday. Hopefully it'll work out. Brand new Toyota pads going into both sides too.

Thanks again
Bob

Back