Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Not completely set in stone yet but getting closer, discovered one of my planned section is now tarmac so I've changed that bit. We can confirm meeting points closer to the time no rush at the moment. We're not stopping in Agadir for long but will stop at a hypermarket for supplies late morning/lunch time

I think we'll get rocky desert regardless of the route at the moment but it should be worn pistes rather than just finding our own route across the rocks, certainly the first 3 days off road are likely to have some rocky sections. I generally prefer rocks to corrugations but never seem to remember either once I get home just the amazing scenery :)

Right you unruly rabble, listen up

I think we said mid June to make some decisions on trip logos/decals so I've have trawled the ramblings of the insane over the last few pages and collated a list of suggested names and strap lines, vote for you favourite 2 of each and we'll work out the winners

If you think a strap line should be a name or vice versa speak up and I'll apply some democratic process

We'll then decide on the logo etc from some of the ideas posted

So the contenders are

Trip Names
Morocco 2015
Raid Maroc
Sahara Expedition 2015
Tango To Tan Tan
Chegagga Charge
Sand Cruiser
Hammada Hammer 2015
Sahara Express
Iriki Raid
Cruise Moroc
Moroc 4x4 Cruise
Lets Cruise south Moroc
Show me the Moroc
LCOC does MOROC
Maroc Monkey Business
Piste Off
Team Raider
Sidi Ifini and Beyond

Strap Lines
Sand, Beer and Land Cruisers
Sand Sweat & Beers
Sand up your bum
Sand in your crack
Into the crack
These are not the dunes you're looking for ....
These ARE the dunes we're looking for ...
Into the dunes...
All sand, no buts.

Ha ha, it's a wonder you sleep at night.

OK I'll have a think and a vote.

It has to work as a decal, it's not just the funniest. I still like the last one with the camel

SAND.jpg
I do like it and it lends itself to mutiple text options, your suggestion of Maroc Monkey Business gave me the idea for that layout

I do sleep, but in my dreams I'm route planning :)

Last edited:
I like that but still think it should be sand sweat and gears. But overall I think that works very well but sand in your crack still makes me giggle

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Trip Names
Morocco 2015
LCOC does MOROC

Strap Lines
Sand, Beer and Land Cruisers
Sand Sweat & Beers

I guess I'd probably go with the camel as posted in *465.

Lose the Landcruiser production bit and have Morocco 2015 instead. We need a date on there. We have cruiser club.net decals on some of the trucks already I suppose.

I guess I'd probably go with the camel as posted in *465.

I bet you turn right when the directions say turn left :)

SAND.png
Latest revision of the concept, although we'd change Sand Cruiser to what ever gets the most votes?

I'm happy with either Raid Maroc or Sand Cruiser. Not bothered. I like either and I think we go with one or the other. We don't really need Morocco in twice do we that's the only thing if we mixed the two versions. Were down to the final version nearly.

Looks like we're getting there

Yes we only need Maroc/Morocco once on it :) so

SAND.jpg

I like that Mark! Just...maybe...if possible...isn't the camels face a bit too black?

I hope your not being racists about my camel? :D

Its a clipart camel so that's how it comes, theres something things I can do with photoshop but I'm not an artist to redraw it :(

That's it for me. Might need to graphically lighten the face in order to get it printed on peel off vinyl that's my only thought.

NO, I'm not a camel racist!:icon-biggrin: (not yet). Just lighten up the face will give some contrast and accent. If possible of course. If not...I'll bring some white paint and brush and do the art work on all cruisers somewhere between Europe and Africa on the ferry.:icon-twisted:

SANDa.png

Jeez I hope you lot aren't this fussy on the trip, sandy not being sandy enough, mountains not high enough :handgestures-salut:

That should do it.

These are the decals you are looking for.

Jeez I hope you lot aren't this fussy on the trip, sandy not being sandy enough, mountains not high enough :handgestures-salut:
Hahaha! I like the camel now! THANK YOU!!! Now - e- mail me the file so I can go to a print shop and order a bunch of decals in different sizes for all of us. And if I'm in a mood ( I will be) I'll order T-shirts, coffe and/or tea cups, key chains, hats etc...

Back