Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Awesome.

Don't forget to get some in 5XL!!! Not hats, obviously. Or key rings.

Hahaha! I like the camel now! THANK YOU!!! Now - e- mail me the file so I can go to a print shop and order a bunch of decals in different sizes for all of us. And if I'm in a mood ( I will be) I'll order T-shirts, coffe and/or tea cups, key chains, hats etc...

George,

Can you get them printed up ok and sent out to everyone? It'll help me to have someone else take on this part of the trip organisation.
If necessary you could post all the UK ones over to one of us as a job lot and then we could split them up at this end. I think we'd want them on for when we meet at Portsmouth and the official start of the trip for the UK brigade
I need to tweek the file so it's high enough resolution for print, the one above is the current size and pretty low res for printing. Are we happy with the font for Raid Maroc or would we like something different?

Next question would be what size do we want the decals? for me the size above would be abut perfect

Then how many does everyone want? We have 8 trucks coming at present, I would want 1 sticker per side so 2 for me plus 2 spares. Guess it depends on pricing per sticker or if theres a minimum order number. It might be worth printing a few spares to give away

Re T-shirts and other clothing, I already have a shop set up on Spreadshirt (http://trackasylum.spreadshirt.co.uk/) so can set up t-shirts etc through this and then people can order up their own in size and colour of their choice. This means no minimum order for a run of printed shirts. How where you think of managing the T-shirt side George?

It looks like that's the most popular but the Raid Maroc can change subject to votes, so the design is probably what we go for but wording may change.

I say we give it a week for any more votes to come in and then we finalise. I'll work on the photoshop file so its ready for print but I pretty busy with a track day tomorrow and work so it'll take me that long to get it finished

I do still really like my outline landcruiser one though, might do that as a t-shirt option :)

Last edited:
Mark W., is the below route still looking like how it would be?

I would meet the group on the Wednesday and the. Do the below, the drive back to Europe on asphalt from Erfoud.

Thurs - drive south to Fort Bou Jerif, stop at Agadir for any supplies from the big hypermarkets, possible off road through the Sous Massa National Park
Fri - drive the Plage Blanche (tide depending) to Tan Tan (OFF ROAD)
Sat - Start heading East across the desert towards Assa (OFF ROAD) (Wild Camp)
Sun - Assa to Erg Chegaga via Lac Iriki (OFF ROAD) (Wild Camp)
Mon - Erg Chegaga to somewhere in the desert (OFF ROAD) (Wild Camp)
Tue - Somewhere in the dersert to Erfoud/Erg Chebbi (OFF ROAD)
Wed - Rest Day around Erfoud - relax, play in the dunes at Erg Chebbi or visit the Desert Sculpture

Yes that's still the plan. We'll be in Essaoiuira on Wednesday so will be pretty easy to meet up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
George,

Can you get them printed up ok and sent out to everyone? It'll help me to have someone else take on this part of the trip organisation.
If necessary you could post all the UK ones over to one of us as a job lot and then we could split them up at this end.

Yes, I'll take care and get the job done! Will be better for me to post all UK stuff to one of you guys.

I need to tweek the file so it's high enough resolution for print

When you-re ready e-mail me the file so I can take it to the print shop.

Next question would be what size do we want the decals? for me the size above would be abut perfect

I need sizes...

Then how many does everyone want?... if theres a minimum order number.

There's no minimum. We can order one if we want to. The price is ~5 euro per sq. metre for the vinil and then something extra for printing and cutting. It's in the range of ~ 1 euro per sticker.I'll have the exact quote before doing the job and post it here.

Re T-shirts and other clothing, I already have a shop set up on Spreadshirt (http://trackasylum.spreadshirt.co.uk/) so can set up t-shirts etc through this and then people can order up their own in size and colour of their choice. This means no minimum order for a run of printed shirts. How where you think of managing the T-shirt side George?
T-shirt are from 1.5 euro( eg. Froot ot the loom) to 4 euros( LaCoste)and they come in a bunch of different colours. And there's some charge for the print on the shirt. I don]t remember the exact cost but I would add another euro per shirt for printing. I'll try to get a catalog so we can choose.....Key chains ( if we want) are from 1mm stainless steel lazer cut and they are in the range of 2-3 euros per piece. These are accurate prices ( +/- 5%) as I've done something similar just before Christmas

Last edited:
I don't really know quite what to say about this clip. I shall leave it to you to call it. OK OK it's not a Jeep we get it. Glad we're going in the dry season. The water does subside quite a bit. Maybe if they'd waited ...

Feck sake, theres a lot to be said for natural selection cleansing the gene pool of the stupid!

I cannot see any reason to try crossing a river with that sort of flow rate what so ever.

Right for our trip the weather should be nice sunny and hot (mid 30's) But weather can change quick and last years there was heavy flooding the week or so before I went. As a result some of my planned routes were impassable due to damage rather than water.

A few weeks after getting home theres was really really bad flooding across the country that washed away main road and claimed a lot of lives. Some overlanders got trapped in Sidi Ifni for a week or so. We will not take risks we don't need to during the trip, faced with a crossing like that we either find an alternative, or wait it out.

Last edited:
Feck sake, theres a lot to be said for natural selection cleansing the gene pool of the stupid!

But as you can see, they lived. Which means they must have been right to drive in. Can we can we can we ....

You go first Chris[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a week in Greece (Tassos)...Mark, did you make the file ready for the guys in the print shop? It needs to be a vector file. If you didn't I can just take the one from here and have them convert it. And I need a size of the decal too. Or I can try few different sizes and see what happens...:icon-question: :)

Hi George, almost done with the file, working nights atm so things have been a bit hectic.

I've resized the image to avoid pixilation when its bigger than the ones above, its currently 3000pixels wide which should be ok for print. Just need to check a couple of bits and then its good to go. I have the file as a photoshop file and a .png so can email both once complete

Getting exciting!

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Whaddya mean 'getting'. I can barely hold my wee in.

In 3 months we'll be sat on the poop deck of the cruise liner, sipping champagne whilst waving goodbye to Blighty for 3 weeks

Or swigging lager on a Brittany Ferry as we leave Portsmouth :)

Back of night work now so I'll get the sticker file finished and off to George :)

To Do List for me atm

1. Finish Route
  2. Hotels for Essaouira
  3. Service Truck
  4. Post some Guides for the trip so you know what to expect a little
  5. Get price for Ferry into Morocco

Hi Everybody,

First Mark W count me in on the list, still unsure if I meet at the port or enroute. I will leave after Erfoud due to business needs unfortunately.

Couple of points to consider....

1. If we call get the same CB band, then it will help immensely our progress as we will not have to stop and discuss. Also it is good for forewarning others behind of any dangers encountered.

2. Weight, everybody please be mindful how much you load into your vehicle. This will be my 4th time in Africa and each time my goal is to carry less. I am even thinking of ditching the roof tent for this trip.... anybody who reads Chris Scotts book Sahara Overland will note this is regular topic for him.

I am really looking forward to this trip.

best

Mussy

Back