Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

How do you get it off though?

park in an asda carpark and wait for a chav to damage the truck and then claim of their insurance for a respray on the door?

Looks a bit skew Chris. And I see a few air bubbles ...

;) just kidding. Looks great!

Actually one isn't quite straight. Bah. Was so careful but messed it up by a mill or two. Hey ho.

My CB is for European frequencies, which I believe is different from UK. Can somebody bring one from the UK and I shall reimburse when we meet up? Any recommendations? I suppose a single din unit for below the radio is best. That's where my current one is so power attena etc all ready....

No need. We'll just flick ours over to EU frequencies. UK ones have had dual regions for years.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to know...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No need. We'll just flick ours over to EU frequencies. UK ones have had dual regions for years.

Out if interest what unit do you have and where did you mount it. My European unit is with a cb geek getting repaired....

I use a maxon cm10 unit, very cheap but now discontinued.

I removed the double DIN headunit and replaced it with a single DIN unit with the cb mounted below.

The manual for mine says it works on the CE frequency band common across Europe and doesn't need changing for European frequencies. We'll see when we all try to communicate :)

Mine is an Albrecht German thing. That's all I can tell you. Oh it's black and lights up orange. Sorry.

Mine is an albrecht too. Do you fit in under the radio?

I did but it's not locked in fully so I can pull it out at the border.

Using a proper radio. Mines says JVC. What were we supposed to use?

;)

I suspect I won't need to worry too much with the radio kit I use ...

Yeah am going to go get Hells Greatest Hits 2015 tomorrow actually and rip it to my phone

DC, Satriani, Chickenfoot, Zep, Hendrix, Beck, Clappo, Bonamassa, Alter Bridge, Rafferty, Oldfield, Cadillac Three .. They're all coming with me.

If your lucky someone in Essaouira will take you to Jimi Hendrix's house and show you the inspiration to Castles Made of Sand :)

and the day after I'll tell you the real story

Last edited:
Axis, bold as love. Good album. I'm happy just listening to the music really. Not one of those starstruck types.

Important paperwork requirements

So in a few weeks we're off on an adventure to the wilds of North Africa, but to get there we'll all need the correct paperwork. Most you'll already have and some will be new and needed either before we leave on as we enter Morocco.

So what you all need

1. A valid Passport
  2. Vehicle Ownership Documents
  3. Travel Insurance (not mandatory but silly to travel without)
  4. Driving Licence
  5. Vehicle Insurance
  6. Ferry Tickets UK to Spain
  7. EHIC Card
  8. Immigration Cards
  9. TVIP or D16
  10. Fiches (I emailed a template to you a while ago)

Immigration Cards
We'll get these when we collect the ferry tickets into Morocco or they are available on the boat. These need completing for immigration control on the boat. Once on the boat we que up with the cards and passports and go through passport control before we actually arrive. Simples

TVIP/D16
Temporary Vehicle Importation Form is required to import your truck into Morocco and gives the vehicle a 6 month stay on one D16. The importation is linked to your passport and you are both expected to leave together or pay import duties!

The form can be filled in once we arrive. After leaving the ferry we drive up to customs and hope they are being reasonably efficient. You get directed to a customs area and passport, v5's will be checked. You can know fill in the form, but there is an easier option..............

Do it online in the comfort of you own home :)

Linky
http://www.douane.gov.ma/d16ter/formAT.jsf

Ah I hear you say, Je ne comprand pas! Its in a funny language!

Fortunately Chris Scott has a handy how to guide here
http://sahara-overland.com/2014/12/27/morocco-documents/

Fill in form, print off, take with you. When you get to customs hand it over. Bish Bash Bosh we're on our way :)

Fiches
Fill in the template I sent you print A4 cut into separate fisches. We will go through some police/military check points so a handful of these will save time, simply hand over passport and fiche when asked. If you don't have them you'll get asked the same info and have to wait while its written down

Last edited:
Did my D16 online - very simple and straightforward :)

Fiches done and printed too

Just need to put my truck back together is all ;)

Back