Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Damn those vegetamables

Looking forward to your programme of Landcruiser maintenance lectures filling those desert evenings at camp ;)

Hmm.

Well as far as I can tell, I've nutted the last nut and bolted the last bolt. It's driving superbly. Bled the clutch through this morning and centralised the steering. It's going like a train. Last shakedown will be next week's show. The local Shell garage is selling derv at the same price as Tesco, so I will go and fill up with full fat. Other than the engine oil and a wash and polish, I'm good to go with time to spare.

OK two questions. Sensible answers if at all possible.

Do we actually get any tickets as such for the UK ferry? I've had conf that they've been paid, but I don't have any actual paperwork or even an e ticket.

Secondly, once in Morocco, is it best to just buy a local P.A.Y.G SIM card for the phone? I know how charges rack up and with Vodabone you can activate a package that flattens out the charges but if you use it once you pay for the day. Flat fee, but still a rack of cash.

Do we actually get any tickets as such for the UK ferry? I've had conf that they've been paid, but I don't have any actual paperwork or even an e ticket.

Secondly, once in Morocco, is it best to just buy a local P.A.Y.G SIM card for the phone? I know how charges rack up and with Vodabone you can activate a package that flattens out the charges but if you use it once you pay for the day. Flat fee, but still a rack of cash.

When we went to Romania I printed the confirmation to show at the ferry port but the check-in had me on their computer before I could show it anyway. Number plate recognition I suppose.
I opted for the Vodafone flat fee, my bill still came to over £70.

When you booked you should have had an email confirmation attached to that is a pdf ticket. Print it off and take with you.

I generally don't bother with a local sim but I don't use the phone much only texts. Depends on how much you plan on using it I suppose. We can pick up local sims easily enough though. Essaouira's probably the best option as we have a day there.

Just changed my diff oil which apart from the garage work is the last of my maintenance before the trip. Big pile of kit ready to load next weekend after ac recharge and a hair cut.

Emailed ferry place yesterday, not heard anything back yet but last year I paid 160euros for the truck and me, year before with 2 people it was 200 euros

2 weeks at we should be near Seville if we are on target to meet George and Mussy at Lidls

P&0 printed from Helen's ipad didn't look right to me so i printed it again from my laptop or else i wouldn't have known the first lot was missing info . With regards to money every machine i used on the Romania trip offered that i will be charged the fee set by my own bank .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I printed the web page with everything on, but I didn't get any pdf. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for.
Voda World Traveller. Hah, useless. Doesn't cover Morocco, which last time I looked was actually part of 'The World'

Calls made with no special arrangements are £1.65 min. I can live with that I suppose for calls, but probably just use the Sat Phone. Data? Well we'll just tag onto wifi here and there I guess.

Did your confirmation have an attachment? if so it's probably that you need to print.

double check your first confirmation email from Brittany when you first booked Chris, it should be attached to that first email.

er, is that not what I said?

Vodaphones euro traveller (or whatever it's called) is good in Europe where coverage is good, I use it when travelling on business and charge work the £3 per day. If I was on leisure use and paying my own bill I may be inclined to opt out of the euro traveller, as if I want to send one text per day saying - all ok, camped up at **** - £3 for the one text is silly.

When in Morocco I try not to use the phone, it's a good opportunity to get away from it, maybe turn it off (or airplane mode)? Turning it on in the evening to send and receive one text then off again and back to enjoying your surroundings.

Not only are you not listening to each other but you're not listening to me. I haven't got a confirmation bloody e mail.

Or I'd have printed it wouldn't I and wouldn't be asking the question. DO try to keep up guys. I got a mail saying that they were going to bill me soon and then a mail to say we've billed you. I have a booking confirmation number in the title of the mail and I checked their website. Sure enough I am in there and all the details of the trip. But I don't have a mail form them. I already printed that lot which I am sure will be enough, but in relation to anything looking remotely like a ticket, I have nowt.

Sorry, did anyone hear something?......................................................

That should be fine chris, if the interwebs says you are on the ferry then its true

Ha ha. It must be an echo.

All sorted.

Man next two weeks are going to drag.

Helen did not turn data off on our trip and her monthly o2 bill was 26 quid higher than normal .

I always bring a spare phone and put a local sim in it. Send the number of the local sim to those that matter.

Might be the way to go.

It's not that I can't afford to pay the bill, it's just I don't want to give the robbing gits the money. I have an older phone with no smart capability. Just a phone. That would be best. No danger of data robbery.

Not only are you not listening to each other but you're not listening to me. I haven't got a confirmation bloody e mail.

Or I'd have printed it wouldn't I and wouldn't be asking the question. DO try to keep up guys. I got a mail saying that they were going to bill me soon and then a mail to say we've billed you. I have a booking confirmation number in the title of the mail and I checked their website. Sure enough I am in there and all the details of the trip. But I don't have a mail form them. I already printed that lot which I am sure will be enough, but in relation to anything looking remotely like a ticket, I have nowt.

Actually Chris you did say "I've had conf that they've been paid" which I took that you had confirmation, so was wondering that there might have been an attachment. Just trying to be of help.

Last edited:
Sadly nothing so fancy Chas. it was literally a sort of screenshot e mail that just said 'We've had yer money. Too late to back out now'

I'd have spotted an attachment trust me. Got all the details now so there's no spare place on the trip!

Back