Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Silk way - August 2017. You are welcome to join the two 120's and me...so far 3 TLC.We'll talk in the desert about that :)

Last edited:
Don't forget your ear plugs chaps, the muezzin's are louder than ever..... they started at 04:30 this morning, this then started the dogs off, now we have the chickens joining in.... FFS.

I doubt you'll hear that lot over my snoring. Don't worry, I'll park a good distance away.

Dust can damage camera gear

I do not think I have read anyone on this thread talking about the dust we will encounter in Morocco. It is very fine and gets EVERYWHERE. Especially for all but the lead car :icon-biggrin:. Not a big deal except for stuff like cameras. If your camera is weather-proofed it should be fine.

I keep my camera kit in a dust proof box. In the past I have used food storage boxes - decent ones with a proper seal. They were a cheap solution and worked well. Though I have just bought a dust-proof and waterproof case which prompted me to think of the Moroccan dust.

Dust?, Dust? Yep its dusty, and I promise it will take you months or years to get rid of it :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Better break out the Peli case I think.

Nothing unusual for an African - which is why the etiquette of group driving is so important - drive 'dust distance' apart and do not ever lose sight of the guy behind you for more than a couple of minutes - you will never know if something bad is taking place (even with radios which can unreliable) .... Do that and we'll be fine:)

Me too. I am going to open a front window and a back window and the dust will just flow straight on through. It's a science fact.

I collect it inside the truck and then spread it on the garden and drive )

2 weeks til our first full day off road and the Plage Blanch

Keep your fingers crossed the tides out :)

What time d'you think we'll hit the beach? I can check my maritime tables and confirm expected Hugh/low/spring/heap etc.

Edit. 1 week today I expect to be wheels rolling in my way to Chris :)

Last edited:
Tide tables for Agadir here:

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/year/51.html

There will be a couple of minutes deviation from these for Plage Blanche but not much.

Good for us - high is at about 11:00 WET and low is 17:00 WET so we will be following a falling tide and we're heading into a new moon so neap tide zone (low should be very low :) )

Last edited:
Bugger, that 11am high tide is a problem for the beach drive, we really need low tide around midday. The run down the beach is best done starting an hour or so before low water, giving a 3 hour window before the rising tide cuts us off on the beach. Between the entry and exit points there is no escape route at all.

We might need to readjust the plans if the tides not right. I have a detour that takes us around the back of the beach our we could divert through the Anti Atlas. One to discuss over a beer in Essaouira.

Last edited:
Tide tables for Agadir here:

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/year/51.html

There will be a couple of minutes deviation from these for Plage Blanche but not much.

Good for us - high is at about 11:00 WET and low is 17:00 WET so we will be following a falling tide and we're heading into a new moon so neap tide zone (low should be very low :) )

Charlie says you're coming back up thru' the Algarve mate

kettle's on anytime :)

cheers
Bill

Are you going to have any border problems with the immigrant issues?

We'll avoid that by making our route to Algeciras 500km. longer going through Romania - Hungary- Austria - Italy....We've planned a day off in Barcelona but it ain't gonna happen. The extra 500km. are an extra day on the road.:) The new plan will take us to Algeciras Oct 3rd some time in the evening so we'll have a chance to rest before Africa.

Latest advice from the F.O.

Back