Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My heart almost stopped

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
I heard the crunch, looked out the window to see this

with only a week to go before we set off for the Pyrenees trip I feared the worst :icon-sad:

Luckily the LR90 took the brunt of it, the roof is probably a right-off, the bloody thing came in useful afterall :lol:

on the 80 the wings are a bit bent, the Cb & VHF aerials snapped off, windscreen sun visor snapped a chunk ooff the end of it, and the snkorkel top will need some adjustment with a heat gun maybe, but besides that came away with no trip stopping damage... phew.

Anyone know a source for those windscreen sun visors?

That must have been heart stopping mate, glad the damage is mostly superficial!

Impressive that the RTT didnt sustain any damage, it must have taken a fair ol whack.

I know how upsetting that is. I was on the south coast one night to leave for the Pyrenees next mid day. We went out for a drive and I reversed the 80 into an enormous oak post. It pushed the rear mounted mountain bikes through the rear screen and bent the bike wheels. I was up early and managed to get a plastic screen fitted and the bike wheels straightened before the ferry left. I've fitted a reversing camera kit which has saved several accidents.

Sounds like planning a trip to the Pyrenees invites bad cruiser juju.

Good thinking with the rear view cameras Frank, Ive seen some incredibly small bluetooth ones, your story just might be the prompt I need to invest in one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Blimey Pete, close call or what! :scared-eek:

Glad it's only minor damage, and you have time to fix most of it.

No idea about sun visors though, a good excuse to take it off (if you asked me, and I know, I know, you didn't :lol:)...

Ouch ,so glad it isn't a showstopper for you trip,
At least you have some firewood ...

I am always paranoid driving my vehicle in the days leading upto a trip in case someone crashes into my

Oh my that's a hard blow, not one vehicle but both truely shocking. Happy to hear it's not worse and amends can be made.

Sorry for your pain hopefully it will wash away like the rain :violin:

No idea about sun visors though, a good excuse to take it off (if you asked me, and I know, I know, you didn't :lol:)...

I quite like it tbh, and since someone else will be paying for the new one, I'll definately find one even if it has to come from Aus :icon-wink: good excuse to swap those LED roof spots for a lightbar too :)

90 roof suffered a bit, dunno weather the bodyshop can knock it out... listed under stuff to deal with when I get back :lol:

It should be fixable, that Pete, those things are all sheet ali and pop rivets, IIRC.

Ooohh nasty! Could have been worse though I guess. Sorry to see that.

Looks like the gullwings kept the tree away from doing any damage towards the rear of the truck…

:whistle:

Oh bugger! At least it's not too much damage and doesn't stop the trip.

Looks like an Ash tree? It seems to have failed in the fork , looks like it was pollarded at some point.have any of the other trees been cut like this one? It might be a good idea to take a look at the others & consider a crown reduction on them.Pollarding can be a can be problematic near buildings , people or cars.

Well there was I whinging about my recent bad luck when I saw your post, pretty much pales into insignificance compared to yours, sorry to see that and fortunate no one was hurt.

Regards

Dave

Back