Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New pay and play site opening 27th June (Nr. Clanfield A3)

Garage
Maybe some of you guys will be interested in this.

There is a new pay and play site opening on the 27th June at Charlton Chalk Pits.
Entrance is from 10am to 4pm.

I've got a voucher/leaflet for £10 entry, if anyone wants a copy PM me and I'll email it to you.
If anyone else fancies going from my neck of the woods we can meet up prior and drive down together.

Don't live far from the A3 from the Cobham junction, but I could drive into London a bit and meet everyone there is there are a few of us wanting to go.

A friend of mine knows the organisers and has been down there already and reckons it's especially good. It's not just a big mud puddle, lots of technical bits and some steeps inclines and some deep water to play in.

So, who's in....

1) James Rothwell (1996 80 Dark Blue with splatterings of mud)

I could be up for that! Will PM my email addy to you.

Would be nice to get a local Surrey/Sussex/Hants crowd (Chas, Kevin, Ecky, Paul, Andy, Matt, Ian, Julian, Thommo etc) together, plus maybe the others from London/Herts (Crispin, Tony, Ryan?) etc and any from further afield?
If there is a decent mudpit, it will be hard to keep Mr. Rubie away :lol:

Have you got any more details about location, directions etc that you could post here, James?

Cheers,

Sounds cool, i'm in(subject to work at the mo)
Is it just pay and play or are there any facilities like toilets and burger van?

I would like to have go, not usually in to pay and play but it is pretty much on the doorstep
The description sounds interesting, my previous experience about 'pay and play' is usually drive round in circles until something is broken and then repeat at will, but perhaps a more technical course could be more interesting for longer
Please send through a copy of the voucher

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...0.934633,-0.947571&spn=0.166816,0.307961&z=12

There are toilets and a burger van on site.

Photos of the site can be found here-
http://www.core4x4.co.uk/charlton_chalk/svmanager_charlton/index.php

Send me a PM of your email address and I shall email you the printout to bring with you on the day.
It would be nice if we could all meet prior to getting down there. Any suggestions?

The Sainsburys petrol station in Cobham just off the A3?
Or we could meet in Guildford or more towards London if you like?

Would be more interested in meeting South of the site ;)

Morrisons on the turn off the A3(m) for Waterlooville would be the best maybe?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Some of us are coming from more towards London.
For those of us coming from SW London/Surrey area we could meet and drive down together and meet you guys from the South there?

James Rothwell said:
Some of us are coming from more towards London.
For those of us coming from SW London/Surrey area we could meet and drive down together and meet you guys from the South there?
x 2 ;) We can make like LR drivers and go in convoy :lol:

Do the southern group fancy meeting in Wickham square at Tommo's favorite Lilly's tea room for a coffee before we head off?

As I am Cruiser-less at the moment :cry: , is there any kind person going from the South London area who could pick me up for what sounds like it's turning into an LC get-together :cool: if there is please PM me.
Chas

Loads fo trains direct from London go really close to the site.

I have a feeling that I've been booked that weekend but if not, I'll be there. Some play is long overdue...

I will come and have a look, but as said before some of the sites seem to be drive round and round till something breaks.
I see on the website they allow untaxed vehicles! Not normally a good sign, but like i said, will definatly have a look.

So just to sum things up.

Confirmed-

James Rothwell
Andrew Prince
Paul
Ian Rubie
Julian

Possible-

Crispin
Tommo&Claire

Back