Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Now this is the sort of 80 I'm after

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
A little too far to go and look at as well as being too much money. I am not sure how they arrived at the price, but with an ARB bumper and winch, BFGs all round and probably some suspension already added with only 142 on the clock, it has to be worth considering.
It says LSD, well I am guessing they don't know anything about 80s. It's a manual and the colour that I like. Does anyone have an inside track on this one at all?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...ry=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=201239486368059

If that was a little less, I could really be tempted

Chris

£15,000 is right up there isn't it !!

Gra.

It certainly is, so let's do the math.
These are guesses, chip in with the current prices - it's only rough

ARB bumper £1000
Winch and rope £600 (warn maybe more now)
BFGs x 5 £875
OME set up £800 based on £80 per spring and same for a damper
Total £3275

Take that off the total price and you are down around £12000 for the base vehicle. I can't include labour charges for fitting that stuff. That's not a cost you can really expect to recover when you sell in my view. Nice truck, what's it's basic value do we think? £8k? So if that were around £11k, I'd have it and save myself the work.

I really am quite serious here.

Chris

Last edited:
I would not sell my 80 for £15,000, but then maybe nobody would offer me more???

I know what you mean, this is the problem when considering value against worth. What's my truck stand me at? Cough, you do not want to know. What could I sell it for? Not a great deal I am sure. And then only to a person who truly understood what it was.

What I am saying, I think is that they seem to have added an additional sum in between the base vehicle and the added parts. They may have done different sums to me or maybe the bloke who sold it gave them receipts totalling £7k from somewhere like Footloose. But we all know that it doesn't really work like that does it. What I would pay for as I have said is a degree of convenience. I could import a bumper like that and have brand new then fit it myself. But as there is a truck sitting there with it on, I'd be prepared to pay almost list price for the bumper and save my time. But I wouldn't pay OVER list price if you follow.

Chris

Basically it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay, and we all different.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris, I paid over £800 for my OME suspension less than a week ago. Still a few k short.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would not sell my 80 for £15,000, but then maybe nobody would offer me more???
Hi Charlie,

£15,000 offered for your 1997 HDJ80 VX 1HD-FT, and you would say no ?

I think if it were me, I might just snap his hand off.

Gra.

Why do you want another one Chris?

Are you thinking of having your bog monster for having fun in at the pay n play's, then another one for driving on the road? :think:

I like the idea of having 2 cruisers, but i dont think id want 2 SWB 70's. Id like to have my current one just as a toy, and then have a bigger cruiser for overlanding/less extreme trails. :icon-twisted:

Ben, I have posted this before on other threads really. I don't want to run two. I want to get one now and put it away in storage whilst I can. Then when my kids have gone off to Uni etc and I have a bit more freedom, I shall be getting some trips in. I don't want to be scratching around then for an 80 - I may not even find one then. I like to be prepared. I want to 'freeze' one in time really - no more winters, tree sap, salty roads, wear and tear etc.

This one looks as though it would fit the bill perfectly. Just not at £15k

Chris

Why don't you call him/mail him Chris with your best offer of £11,000 :icon-biggrin:

Nowt to loose m8 and a lot to gain, she is a beauty :icon-biggrin:

Hi, I spotted an excellent 80 on Gumtree earlier which comes close to my perfect 80 series but it's too expensive for me but might be worth a look if you're after one. Unfortunately my right button is broke so can't copy and paste a link but it's a Jap import with front and rear diff locks, factory winch bumper and winch, rear wheel carrier, recently undersealed, 87,000 miles. It's 6K. It;s listed as being a 'snow' model.

Im kinda fond of my cruisers -like mud/bog/river/rock bashing thats for my red car
24032012481.jpg
But my 100 is different i like to keep it v-clean and i dont think i could make myself offroad it, ok crossing a field is fine out wi the dogs shootin etc :icon-biggrin:

My 70 is our toy. It will go to Yorkshire in November and spend a couple of days doing what it does best. I wouldn't sell her, even if someone offered me £10,000 for her. If I sold her, I wouldn't have my toy.

The dealer is not loyal to this motor. He will sell for the best price he can. If you want it, offer what you think it's worth; to you. If he accepts, you get it for the price you where willing to pay.

Roger

Not quite sure how that's helping me Pete?

Chris

aye Chris now i read it again i missd the point a bit:think: suppose im sayin i want to preserve my 100 for as long as poss but alsolike thrashin the nuts of the red one - im out to play tomorow at drumclog after that all being well its change axle time

Hi Charlie,

£15,000 offered for your 1997 HDJ80 VX 1HD-FT, and you would say no ?

I think if it were me, I might just snap his hand off.

Gra.

Graham,
I’m not sure how you can say that, you have not seen my 80, you do not know what condition my 80 is in nor do you know what mods are fitted.

Graham,
I’m not sure how you can say that, you have not seen my 80, you do not know what condition my 80 is in nor do you know what mods are fitted.
Yes, you are quite right Charlie.

It was meant more as a generalisation for a 1997 80 series truck.
I am sure yours is quite exceptional.

Gra.

Back