Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Once again they got me by the ..... lug nuts.

chriscolleman

Recently had my tyres changed on the small commuter.

As always shortly after you've got brand new pristine rubber under the pride and joy.

You get up in the morning, get in the car and notice a dragging behind.
My backside is always dragging in the morning, so definatly referring to the vehicle :lol:

Being proactive and assertive I set to the task of removing the morning mishap and fit the spare wheel. Confident I've got all the tools at hand and wheel changing experience to spare :shhh:

After several attempts at loosening the first nut I stood back and reflected :think:

After several more frustrated attemps at the second nut I stood back in awe, that my bulk wouldn't even budge the bugger :cry:

Then it dawned on me, I didn't check lugnut torque after my visit to the tyre and wheel guy.
:thumbdown:

Oh dear, oh dear.

Finally got going with a plug in the rubber, called in my mishap and got a day off.

So went to my shop and proceeded to untorque the nuts.
Broke a snap-on ratchet in the process and you can't believe the length of pipe needed to snap those nuts loose. :evil:

So once in a while they do get you by the .... lug nuts!

BOy they sounded well tight!!

I have had some well tight from tyre shops before but i reckon yours takes the prize!

Over tightening one of Biggest cause's of wheel fixing failures :cry: , Shame you could not have taken it back to the people who fitted the tyres.

Indeed, should have taken it back!

Hand them the vehicle tool kit and ask their genious mechanics to remove the wheel.

I think I'm going with a second set of cheap wheels and next time just have them sort out the tyres and balancing.

Back