Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2017

I wandered by and spoke to Chris today as well - friendly welcome as always :)

Thought the show was ok, helped massively getting free entry courtesy of my 4x4response id.

I'm off on a europeant trip next week, this helped get the mood going :)

Pete

I wandered by and spoke to Chris today as well - friendly welcome as always :)

Thought the show was ok, helped massively getting free entry courtesy of my 4x4response id.

I'm off on a europeant trip next week, this helped get the mood going :)

Pete

How far East do you plan to go Pete?

We had a great afternoon, however early we aim to be somewhere it always ends up, afternoon..

Met some more forum members and the sun shone..:thumbup:

Well had a brilliant weekend was good to see everybody had a good laugh I would say il look forward to next year but myself, Tom and my dad all got banned on the way out for drivin our trucks

Well, we had a good weekend, as usual with club get together,the show was ok, nothing special but ok, until we tried to leave.....................

The gate out at the far end near our camp wher we have exited in previous years ( and there is an exit sign there) was blocked off by an overland truck, so 3 of us drove around the rear perimeter of the field to see if there were any others, none.
We the thought we had to go out the way we came in (by the iron forge man), but this was partly blocked by the organisers orange Range Rover thing, after trying to squeeze past, somebody nearby kindly opened the door & pushed it forward so that we, and some others could get through.
After slowly driving about 20 yards past some marshalls we heard a commotion & the organiser running behind like a madman shouting & hollering stop them stop them!
A bit bemused by this we all stopped & were met with a load of abuse from him, which was returned in no uncertain terms by all 3 of us & somebody else.
We were told that we are all banned next year as we were not supposed to leave befor 4pm as a health & safety issue!!
We did say that we didn't know this & no where on our ticket or camping permit did it say so, to which he agreed
After another few minutes of shouting & arm waving by him we managed to drive out, he did apologise eventually, but we were so inscensed by this, he was told in no uncertain terms what a w***er he is.
I don't know if anyone else had trouble exiting but it appears that the exit near our pitch was blocked on his instruction, we didn't drive through the show, just around the empty perimeter, and through the gate we originally came in as this was the only exit.

This madness & verbal abuse by him put a dampener on the weekend, you would have thought that he would act differently trying to encourage people to return
A good weekend just a bit spoilt at the end
Andy
Ps, it was about 2.30 , 1/4 to 3 when this happened

sounds a bit like Silverstone GP a few years ago (lots!) we were chased by a police helecopter that landed, shut the gate everyone was using then took off again - we opened it and left for home..... feds were not impressed!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Puts me off exhibiting a vehicle again if you're captive until 16:00, people do have other commitments. Blocking the end exit gate seems a silly idea, this will force people to seek another exit, if people have driven to that exit then let them leave; containing people only leads to confrontation.

This show is crying out to be taken to the next level, I think it needs some new blood in the organisational team.

And for the record nothing whatsoever to do with Elf n safety. Utter shite.

When we left, Tom was on the gate saying good bye personally to everyone. Which made getting out even slower, but well done Tom. Next year there are TWO shows. April and September

Well that's what he told us.

It takes a lot , & I mean a lot to set me off, but he certainly managed it

Just had a message that the organiser held his hands up admitting he was wrong, and asked to relay this to us, with apologies

Well, we had a good weekend, as usual with club get together,the show was ok, nothing special but ok, until we tried to leave.....................

The gate out at the far end near our camp wher we have exited in previous years ( and there is an exit sign there) was blocked off by an overland truck, so 3 of us drove around the rear perimeter of the field to see if there were any others, none.
We the thought we had to go out the way we came in (by the iron forge man), but this was partly blocked by the organisers orange Range Rover thing, after trying to squeeze past, somebody nearby kindly opened the door & pushed it forward so that we, and some others could get through.
After slowly driving about 20 yards past some marshalls we heard a commotion & the organiser running behind like a madman shouting & hollering stop them stop them!
A bit bemused by this we all stopped & were met with a load of abuse from him, which was returned in no uncertain terms by all 3 of us & somebody else.
We were told that we are all banned next year as we were not supposed to leave befor 4pm as a health & safety issue!!
We did say that we didn't know this & no where on our ticket or camping permit did it say so, to which he agreed
After another few minutes of shouting & arm waving by him we managed to drive out, he did apologise eventually, but we were so inscensed by this, he was told in no uncertain terms what a w***er he is.
I don't know if anyone else had trouble exiting but it appears that the exit near our pitch was blocked on his instruction, we didn't drive through the show, just around the empty perimeter, and through the gate we originally came in as this was the only exit.

This madness & verbal abuse by him put a dampener on the weekend, you would have thought that he would act differently trying to encourage people to return
A good weekend just a bit spoilt at the end
Andy
Ps, it was about 2.30 , 1/4 to 3 when this happened

Sorry to hear this andy.
Our tom rang me and let me know so I had a word on the way out with overland show tom.
He asked me to pass on his apology. I didn't know the full extent of what happened until our Tom just filled me in.
His behaviour was out of order. Simple as that!

Ps.
Thanks everyone who came. Old and new faces always good.
Nice to see Steve and pat for the first time and hope they both enjoyed it.

Really enjoyed the weekend.

We drew names out of a hat for the two free tickets. The winners were nick (jammy sod) and Sam.

It’s ok was just a heat of the moment thing apart from all that a brilliant weekend thanks for sorting a pitch for us to all be together I was abit upset I missed out on the wings :( il just have to have a double portion next time

Thanks for your organising Karl,
Yes it was a good weekend, thouroughly enjoyed, just a shame I can't get to lincombe this time though

Just had a message that the organiser held his hands up admitting he was wrong, and asked to relay this to us, with apologies
You cant ask for much more than that imo. These things happen.

Wasn't asking for anything, an apology was good, and have accepted this, it should never have happened.
End

When we left, Tom was on the gate saying good bye personally to everyone. Which made getting out even slower, but well done Tom. Next year there are TWO shows. April and September

two shows? I saw the banner at end of the exit saying 22nd sept next year.. whats this two shows? also yes I think it does need taking next level, seemed bigger as in more vehicles and the layout was better this year. also going to be some extra competition as I see donington have changed their name to 4x4 expo.

did anyone carry on with the german convoy?

two shows? I saw the banner at end of the exit saying 22nd sept next year.. whats this two shows? also yes I think it does need taking next level, seemed bigger as in more vehicles and the layout was better this year. also going to be some extra competition as I see donington have changed their name to 4x4 expo.

did anyone carry on with the german convoy?
Yep, tom was handing out flyers on the way out and plugging the april show.

German convoy was heading the wrong way for me, i was north bound.:icon-biggrin:

Thanks Karl for organising and apologies to you and Holly for not finding you to say our goodbyes.

Good to see everyone again, and to see those we haven't met before, on two legs and four. :)

We left about 2-00 to 2-30 out the gate at the end which plenty of other vehicles had used, stopped to buy some pies then went into town for the food festival. We bumped into a lady in the little car park we were in driving a 78 (I think) which was one on Stan's stall which she planned to go travelling in. Hopefully she will join the forum as she had quite an epic trip planned and was off to take the truck to see Julian for the once over in the next few days.

Back