Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pay & Play Day run by the Army at Tidworth, December.

wobbly

Garage
The Royal Artillery are organising a pay & play day at Tidworth on 3rd December - its where Top Gear filmed the tank v Clarkson scenes.

There's no public access there, so not a common occurence.

Cost will be £40 per vehicle - its a charity do, and there will be demo vehicle's. Land Rover Owner mag doing a report etc (hehehe, fun to be had there!)

I drove there in about 1991 and it was ace - its what got me into 4x4's.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will see if they can still fit folks in.

Pete

Do you know if the the tank traps and hill climbs will be open as part of the day? The general area is open to the public (when the army isn't using it), just the tank area is off-limits. But it's good fun, or so I've heard :liar:

Maybe we should try and organise a club meet for the Southern members :idea: Crispin can't resist Kiwi Hill and Tony knows one of the wardens :whistle:

Sounds interesting, got a link with more info?

I'd be up for it if the truck is fixed by then :thumbup:

Not a link as such, its not being advertised publicly - here's the info I have:

The Royal Artillery Rally Team are organising a PAY & PLAY at the Tidworth Bowl Military Driver training area on Salisbury plain in December. Date TBC. All proceeds go to Charity (Army Banevalant Fund). Entry fee per vehicle TBC.

There will be military Instructors, to give advice on any matters in off road driving.
Recovery assistance, to pull any one out of a sticky situation.
Food, to help fuel the body.
Toilets, to help with any other sticky or wet situations.
Photographer, will take photos of the day and will print out for you to take home.
Medics, medical cover will be in attendance.
Landrover will be there with a selection of vehicles to test drive.
Landrover International will be there.
Wash down facilities will be open at the end of PLAY.

Any off road vehicle except Bikes & Quads will be allowed, this includes tracked vehicles. There will be a wide selection of routes for the off road virgin to the die hard nutters.
ALL ARE WELCOME

My understanding is that it is on the non-public section.

Pete

This could be fun. Could have a Lincomb style challenge - LR Recovery :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bit more:

I'm afraid that we are going to have to put a cap on the amount of vehicles that can come to the event too 120.:( If the event turns out to be a good one though, we will be able to hold one next year with the cap being lifted.
Once the account has been sorted out we will be taking the payments, then we will send out the welcome packs. The price has had to be increased by £5 to £45 due to insurance costs:(, but the day will last from 10:00hrs till 21:00hrs.
We do have a camping area for the hardy ones,
Landrover with vehicles to test drive,
Bowler with 2 RALLY CARS and drivers for you to get ragged around,
Project Mobility will be there, (as seen on TOP GEAR),
Catering van,
Toilets and more.

There will be a 30km green lane safari route this will be used day and night.there is a mud run too for the harden drivers. We also have a snorkel pool so if you want to go swimming you can and their will be guys in dry suits to help if you get stuck.

The pay and play site is 1.5km square. All routes will be open for night off roading and if you need any help there is 15 instructors on had to help.

I will post the organisers email address when I can find it !

Pete

Here it is:

[email protected]

You need to give your name, postal address and vehicle details, plus details of no. of passengers. Its £45 per vehicle.

You will receive a pack from Trevor, you then pay in cash on arrival.

When you email him - mention me (Pete Keane) or Land Cruiser Owners Club as I have pre-warned him.

And....please...don't book and then not go, 'cos its run by the army,and they will track you down and shag your cat....

Cheers

Pete

This sounds like a great crack :mrgreen:

Any camping likely :?:

I have indeed had the pleasure of meeting a warden... can't recall the details exactly, but I recall a slow 80 being involved :whistle:

Well I have sent a mail off, so let's see if there are any places open.

Thanks for the heads up Pete :thumbup:

email sent, asked how many of us could come along before it became rude (what with an LR magazine covering it) :whistle:

Yes, there is camping.

There are definitely places, I checked with Trevor before posting here.

Its gonna be in LRO, so a great day out for Toyotas......

Pete

There are 50 places left. TonyP has booked, I've booked - who's next?

What would happen if one booked, but cancelled , say a week before.
Would my cat still get mugged and raped?

Graham

Graham said:
Would my cat still get mugged and raped?
Do you think I could get both of ours done, maybe they wouldn't come back :lol:

Come on folks, 3 so far - many hands make light work you know. Would be rude if only Jon, Tony and myself were left to pulling out LRs all day :whistle:

Email sent, will get approval later.... But its already been booked and deposit payed ;)

Back